Barcode reader for Code39Standard outputs a non-existing barcode

X-TEK758_janite.7z (313.4 KB)
AsposeBarcode.7z (3.9 KB)

The first attachment is a barcode file (Code39) with text “TEK758”, the second attachment is c# code with method FindBarcodes and some other stuff.

Running the method on this barcode file results in:

2 barcodes found in “X-TEK758_janite.tif”:

[Code39, {X=237,Y=170,Width=917,Height=154}, LeftToRight, “TEK758”],

[Code39, {X=0,Y=402,Width=1045,Height=202}, RightToLeft, “U7$GX”]

The first one is correct, but the second one is completely unexpected, and it disturbs our process! Notice the LeftToRight orientation (angle).

After choosing Code39Extended as decodetype, instead of Code39Standard, the extra recognition dissapears.Also choosing all (> Types1D) works good.

Any idea what is happening here? How can we avoid this unwanted detection? We use version 22.5.

@fransbloemen,

Thanks for the TIFF image and sample.

Please try using newer versions: Aspose.BarCode for .NET (>= 22.6) (Download | NuGet).

I tested your scenario/case using the simplest sample code and it works fine and I can only get one barcode from your provided TIFF file:
e.g.
Sample code:

var bmp1 = new Bitmap("e:\\test2\\X-TEK758_janite.tiff");
using (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader1 = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(bmp1, Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.DecodeType.Code39Standard))
{
     Console.WriteLine(reader1.ReadBarCodes().Length);//1
     foreach (Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeResult result1 in reader1.ReadBarCodes())
     {
          // Read symbology type and code text
          Console.WriteLine("Symbology Type: " + result1.CodeType);
          Console.WriteLine("CodeText: " + result1.CodeText);
     }
}

output:

Symbology Type: Code39Standard
CodeText: TEK758

Thanks for your quick resopnse; updating to version 22.8 did not solve the problem.

Can you please investigate the project code that I sent you? Perhaps some setting I used or should have used caused this phenomenon?

@fransbloemen,

I could not evaluate and execute your provided sample code, there are some references to external types and libraries which cannot be solved. Please create a standalone console VS.NET application (source code without compilation errors, etc.), zip the project and post us to reproduce the issue on our end. Also, please use only Aspose.BarCode for .NET and do not involve or use external libraries. This will help us to evaluate your issue if the issue is actually on Aspose.BarCode end or something else.