Barcode Reading Image to Text

Hi,

Is this SDK supports reading barcodes ? Like any barcode or pdf417?

Image to text ?

@yasinpatel,

Thanks for your query.

Yes, Aspose.BarCode (.NET/Java) API supports a large number of linear, 2D and postal bar code symbologies for both encode and decode capabilities. See the document for your reference:

Hope, this helps a bit.

Hi,

I dont need a API. I need something which works on device / offline.

@yasinpatel,

Both Aspose.BarCode for .NET and Aspose.BarCode for Java are offline SDKs targeted for .NET and Java platforms. Do you want a library to work on Android? We have Aspose.BarCode for Android for the purpose, see the page for your reference:

If you want something else, kindly elaborate your needs, so we could evaluate and help you accordingly.

Hi Amjad,

Where can I try the demo. Like send a pdf417 and see the results in text format ?

I see the sdk is for Java and .NET. How about iOS ?

@yasinpatel,

You may try a few encode types (including pdf417) using our online featured interface to test/exercise the Aspose.BarCode API:

Moreover, we provide APIs and not applications so you got to create the interface/application by yourself to exercise the Aspose.BarCode API. We recommend you to kindly browse featured examples (you may download solutions) and test our Examples here:
GitHub - aspose-barcode/Aspose.BarCode-for-.NET: Aspose.BarCode for .NET examples, plugins and showcase projects (.NET)
GitHub - aspose-barcode/Aspose.BarCode-for-Java: Aspose.BarCode for Java Examples (Java)

I think you may try to use .NET Standard Dlls ( in ".\Aspose.BarCode for .NET\bin" folder at your installation directory) on Mac and iOS platforms (via e.g Xamarin ).

Hi,

1. There is no solution for Centos Platform ? I mean PHP

2. iOS we using Native so how to use this barcode reader for iOS ?

I tried reading few PDF417 but it failed. Any reason why ?WhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 3.00.04 PM.jpeg (71.4 KB)

@yasinpatel,

1. Aspose.BarCode for Java supports any operating system that runs the Java runtime including, but not limited:
  • Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems
  • Linux (Ubuntu, openSUSE, CentOS and others)
  • Mac OS X.
    etc.
    See the document on how to use it in PHP:
    PHP via Inline Java
  1. We do not provide Aspose.BarCode for iOS via Xamarin yet, so you have to cope with it using existing Dlls (.NET Core/.NET Standard assemblies). See the document for your reference:
    Cross-Platform Mobile Development in Visual Studio | Microsoft Learn
    Furthermore, you may try our cloud APIs (BarCode) which is platform independent and is true REST API that can be used with any language: .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Rails, Python, jQuery and many more. You can use it with any platform — web, desktop, mobile and cloud, see the page for your reference:
    About aspose.cloud - Websites - aspose.com

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned. I found that reading image with encoding type as PDF417 but it failed to generate the text:
e.g
Sample code:

var bmp = new Bitmap("E:\\test2\\WhatsApp Image 2018-12-12 at 3.00.04 PM.jpeg");
            Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader reader = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.BarCodeReader(bmp, Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeRecognition.DecodeType.Pdf417);

if (reader.Read())
            {
                Console.WriteLine(reader.GetCodeText());
            }

I have logged a ticket with an id “BARCODENET-37198” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Yes.

There are issues with many such pdf417 images

@yasinpatel,

Please spare us little time as we will soon investigate the issue and keep you updated on the progress.

Sure.

My concern is that there are too many issues. Is this not a tested proper solution ?

@yasinpatel,

We do perform QA for the API on regular basis. We need to evaluate your file thoroughly before we can comment on it. Please spare us a little time for complete investigation on your issue. Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

PS. You may also share some more files and it will help us to evaluate your issue precisely to consequently figure it out soon.

The image resolution is too low, like 75 or 100 dpi. Currently we work on the solution for pdf417 recognition with low resolution images. But you can use quick workaround, just increase image in 3-4 times and it can be recognized.

pdf417_cut_increased.png (383.3 KB)

See other file too

IMG-20190128-WA0003.jpg (91.7 KB)
USADL1.png (208.6 KB)
USADL2.png (162.3 KB)
TempCard_Red.jpg (469.0 KB)

Thats the issue. I cant edit each image and use. The product has to be strong to recognize each barcode

@yasinpatel,

Thanks for the sample files.

We have logged these files against your issue into our database for investigation. Well, the recognition problem is related to low image dpi. Your issue will be solved after we have resolved existing issues (BARCODENET-37164 and BARCODENET-37166 - these issues refer to to improvements for pdf417 target detection). The issues might be not fixed in short time, so, for the time being, you got to use the workaround (increase image resolutions) as suggested.

Once we have an update on it, we will you know.

@yasinpatel,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “BARCODENET-37198”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-37198) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET 19.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi