We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Barcode Reading Performance

Hi,

I would also like to know about Barcode Performance. We have Aspose Barcode 1.6 License. But we are facing slowness for reading Barcode which is affecting the performance in application.

Would like to know whether in New Aspose Barcode 2.7.0 whether there is any optimisation for it. As we have downloaded evaluation version of that.

Can you suggest for the above issue for Barcode Performance Optimisation.

viswesh:

Hi,

I would also like to know about Barcode Performance. We have Aspose Barcode 1.6 License. But we are facing slowness for reading Barcode which is affecting the performance in application.

Would like to know whether in New Aspose Barcode 2.7.0 whether there is any optimisation for it. As we have downloaded evaluation version of that.

Problem Statement
We had following requirment
1) Tiff image saved with compression 4 (Fax Formate)
2) Following Tiff Fields should be present in Tiff Header
a) encodeParam.setCompression(TIFFEncodeParam.COMPRESSION_GROUP4);
b) encodeParam.setWriteTiled(false); // false means use strips.
c) encodeParam.setTileSize(0, 0); // tiling will make the file size much larger.
d) encodeParam.setLittleEndian(true); // create an Intel (II) format image
e) TIFFField(282, TIFFField.TIFF_RATIONAL, 1, new long[][] {{ xCurrentDPI, 1 } });
f) TIFFField(283, TIFFField.TIFF_RATIONAL, 1, new long[][] {{ yCurrentDPI, 1 } });

When we save using Aspose provided api, the file which is created does not have the above fields set, it only support the point 1 of above list.

What we need
See solution or apis which will allow us to set the above field listProblem Statement
We had following requirment
1) Tiff image saved with compression 4 (Fax Formate)
2) Following Tiff Fields should be present in Tiff Header
a) encodeParam.setCompression(TIFFEncodeParam.COMPRESSION_GROUP4);
b) encodeParam.setWriteTiled(false); // false means use strips.
c) encodeParam.setTileSize(0, 0); // tiling will make the file size much larger.
d) encodeParam.setLittleEndian(true); // create an Intel (II) format image
e) TIFFField(282, TIFFField.TIFF_RATIONAL, 1, new long[][] {{ xCurrentDPI, 1 } });
f) TIFFField(283, TIFFField.TIFF_RATIONAL, 1, new long[][] {{ yCurrentDPI, 1 } });

When we save using Aspose provided api, the file which is created does not have the above fields set, it only support the point 1 of above list.

What we need
See solution or apis which will allow us to set the above field list

viswesh:

Hi Viswesh,

Regarding your original question about the performance of Aspose.BarCode for Java product. I would like to say that this product has evolved a lot from the version that you are using. We have added many features and also we have optimized the code from time to time for better performance.

If you have downloaded the latest release then you can judge this statement your self. If you are having trouble with Licensing, then you can acquire a 30 days temporary License to evaluate the product at it's full capacity. Please visit this link and follow the steps to get a temporary license.

Also visit the Aspose.BarCode for Java download page to check the release notes of different versions. So you may know what was added or fixed in each version.

Regarding your other question about Tiff file format. I can see you have created a separate post thread for it. We will soon reply your question there.