Barcode recognition capability

Hi,

I have try the evaluation copy of barcode module which can only recognize code 39 standard. However, I find that it cannot recognize the code if the image is being rotated. Here is my finding.

<Testing on .Net Compact Framework platform>
Rotate 0 degree : OK
Rotate 15 degree : OK
Rotate 45 degree : Fail
Rotate 235 degree : Fail

Is there any limitation on image angle?
How about 2D barcode, also has angle limitation?
Is it better on J2ME Platform?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

The evaluation version can only detect Code39 barcodes. For other barcode recognition, you can get a temporary license for 30 days by following the instructions at http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx.

We will do some tests on rotated barcodes on .NET Compact framework. Could you please also send some sample images for our testing if possible?

for the evaluation version, I know it can only recognize Code39. In fact, I also requested for temporary license and successfully install on the problem. So, I can recognize QR Code.

Please refers to attached documents for Sample iamges and testing result.

Hi,

Just to update you, we are working on this issue. I will get back to you when the problem gets resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I’ve been experiencing a simmilar issue with Aspose.BarCode
for .NET 3.3.0
(Temporary License)
My application is able to recognize BarCodes with 0º to something around 40º (can’t say exactly how many degrees).

Unfortunately, it won’t recognize vertical BarCodes (90º).
I tried setting OrientationHints to DownToTop and TopToDown, but no success so far.

Did Aspose solve this issue?

Hi,

Could you please post some sample images here for our testing? We will look into it.

I am having the exact same problem. Sample image is attached. As with most issues I am having as of late with barcode recognition, this used to work pre 3.0 versions of the api. Help!

Hi,

Thanks for posting the sample image.

I did some tests at my end and was unable to recognize the barcode from the image. I have filed a bug for this issue (ID: 15729) and will notify you as soon as we do some work to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any updates on this?

We’ll provide a fix this week, thanks.

has the fix been made available yet?

Hi,

We are still working to fix this issue and get back to you at our earliest. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

We will fix this issue and release a hotfix in the coming days. I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Hi,

Please try the attached hotfix.

Thanks

The hotfixed fixed my issues with vertical barcodes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15729) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.