Barcode recognition hangs on Reads

Hi,

While trying to read the barcode, from the attached file, with this codesnippet :

var bmp = new Bitmap(filename);

using (BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(bmp, DecodeType.Code128))
        {
            while (reader.Read())
            {
                var barcode = reader.GetCodeText();
            }
        }

The entire process hangs on the reader.Read() call.
Changing the DecodeType doesn’t solve the problem.
I already returned to previous versions, current version is 19.5, but the problem stays the same.

Biggest problem is that the process just hangs, without any kind of exception, so there is nothing that I can do to prevent the application from becoming unresponsive.
The properties of the bmp give no indication that there is something wrong with the bmp otherwise I could first check the properties before trying to Read the barcode.

ImageWithError.zip (43.8 KB)

Thanks for any suggestions,

Guillaume

@GUENHOME,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as
BARCODENET-37221 - Barcode recognition hangs on Reads

@GUENHOME,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “BARCODENET-37221”) has bee resolved. We will soon share the Download link to the fixed version/latest release for your requirement.

The issues you have found earlier (BARCODENET-37221) have been fixed in Aspose.BarCode for .NET 19.6.

Hi Amjad,

Ok thanks works perfectly now.

Kind regards,

Guillaume

@GUENHOME,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.