Barcode-Recognition in Azure Durable Function

I try to detect a barcode inside a pdf-document in an azure durable function based on dotnet core 3.1 using Aspose.PDF / Aspose.Barcode 21.9.0. The barcodereader returns no detected barcode (running locally, not in azure)
Using the exact same code in a console application using dotnet core 3.1, a barcode is detected.
In the attachement I embedded the source code of the console application and the test pdf

BarcodeConsoleApp.zip (117.8 KB)

@philippschumacher,

I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “BARCODENET-38130” for your issue. We will look into it soon. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

By the way, could you please try using our latest version, i.e., Aspose.BarCode 22.2.0 if it makes any difference?

Problem that barcode in pdf is not an image and it is created with pdf curves. In this way you have to render page, because extracting image does not give result. Here is an example in attachment.

PdfRenderingExample.zip (109.3 KB)

Thank you for the analysis. I tried the attached code and it didn’t work. I made a small sample application to test your code (see the attachement). This time it is sample azure function. to run the application you have to have the azure tools/sdk and I removed the Aspose-Libraries and my licence-file from the solution

DocumentInputPipeline.zip (12.9 KB)

Does not barcode recognition or image extraction work? You can store images from pdf to folder and try to find the barcode image.

the image extraction does work. I saved them in a separate file and tried to detect the barcode from those files. It didn’t work. So it seems that the barcode-recognition doesn’t work.

@philippschumacher,

We are sorry that image extraction is still not working on your end. We will be looking into your issue and get back to you soon.

@philippschumacher,

To update you on your issue. hopefully, the issue will be solved in couple of weeks time.

We will update you once we have an update available on it.