Barcode Software Question

I’m trying to evaluate the barcode software (VB.Net) that your company produces. However, I’ve run into problems getting a simple barcode generated by your product to be in turn read by same product.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

A simple barcode image generated using the demo program. Using Interleaved 2 of 5 type, not showing the text, and a code value of “6”. Neither the sample for scanning the barcode or the online demo program finds the barcode correctly.

Is there something wrong in the barcode generation? Or is the product not capable of reading the barcode?

This message was posted using Email2Forum by sheliah.

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

Interleaved 2 of 5 encodes pairs of digits and encoding only “6” will result in an invalid barcode. Please try codetext “12345670” or “1234567890”.

If you are downloading and trying at your end, then the evaluation version can only read Code39 barcodes. Please get a temporary license and refer to this page for setting the license in your program.

Ok, next part to the question. Why can I encode a value that results in an invalid barcode? Could I encode the value “06” and it be valid? Or is there a minimum length required?

Minimum valid length is 2. There is a bug in reading 2 digit Interleaved 2 of 5 barcodes, which will be fixed in the next release. For 2+ digits, it works correctly.

Please note that if you provide an odd number of digits e.g. 123 or 6, it automatically adds 0 to make it even.