Barcode watermark

I cannot get the watermark off of the barcode on my production server. I have a development server that is configured identical to my production server and the watermark do not show either through Visual Studio or Report Manager on the development server. On my production server the watermark does not show when run through Visual Studio but it does show when run through Report Manager. The license file is copied to the same locations on both servers. Do you have any suggestions I might try to get the watermark removed?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Could you please verify that a valid license file is present in the specified folders of Visual Studio and SQL Server on your problematic machine?

If you have already checked the above then please share with us the version of Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services that you are using.

the license file is located in both the ...\common7\ide\PrivateAssemblies folder for Visual Studio and the ...\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Bin folder for Reporting Services.

I am running version 2.5 Barcode for Reporting Services.

Hi,

Please make sure that you are using the v2.5 of Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services. You can check the version of your Aspose.BarCode assembly by finding the Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll in your SQL Reporting Services folder. At my end it is “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin”, but the path may slightly vary at your end. Check the snapshot attached for your reference.

Please give it a try by restarting the SQL SSRS services. If restarting does not help then share the specifications of your production environment and also send us your License file in a zip. You can send the License by selecting “Contact” --> “send babar.raza an email” button on this thread. I will check the license in similar environment at my end.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Hi,

Thank you, I have received your email with License file and System Specification details. We are trying to replicate your problem in similar environment on our end.

We will keep you posted with updates.

Hi,

The license file works in my environment (Windows 2008 x64 and SQL 2008 R2). Could you please try to restart the SQL Reporting Services on your production server and check again the deployed reports, it should work with v2.5 dll.

I have restarted the SSRS service and the watermark is still there.

I have verified file locations, file versions, restarted services, unistalled/re-installed, and the watermark is still there. Is there anything else you can suggest I try?

Hi,

It is strange to know that the “Aspose” label still appears after doing all the above.

Could you just copy the dll and lic files from the development server and overwrite these to the development server? Then restart the SSRS Reporting Services.

If the label still appears, please try to create a new report, add just one barcode (re-add the barcode control of v2.5 on VS toolbox), deploy it. See if it has “Aspose” label on top.

Copying the dll and lic files from the development server to the production server then restarting SSRS service fixed the issue. Thank you very much for your assistance.