BarCodeBuilder.getBarCodeImage() causes too many files open issue

BarCodeBuilder.getBarCodeImage() leaves temporary files and causes too many files open issue
is there a way to delete these image files after created?

String barcodeText = getBarcodeText(“123456”);
BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder();
builder.setCodeText(barcodeText);
builder.setAutoSize(true);
builder.setSymbologyType(Symbology.Code128);
builder.getCaptionAbove().setVisible(false);
builder.getCaptionBelow().setVisible(false);
BufferedImage image = builder.getBarCodeImage();
myImg.getImageInfo().setSystemImage(image);

any help would be appreciated … thx

Hi

Thank you for contacting us. Please accept our apologies for the delay. We are working over your query and shall get back to you shortly.

Hi

Thank you for being patient. I’m sorry to share with you that I’m not able to compile your sample code with the latest build of Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.8.0. It is because getBarCodeImage method does not return a buffered image object. Please try the latest version at your end and use getOnlyBarCodeImage method. Also, please let me know how it goes on your side.

Please refer to the download page here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx

We’re looking forward to help you.

thank you for looking into this, I followed your suggestion, but still having the same issue, can you please help:

builder.getOnlyBarCodeImage() leaves temporary files and causes too many files open issue
is there a way to delete these image files after created?

String barcodeText = getBarcodeText(“123456”);
BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder();
builder.setCodeText(barcodeText);
builder.setAutoSize(true);
builder.setSymbologyType(Symbology.Code128);
builder.getCaptionAbove().setVisible(false);
builder.getCaptionBelow().setVisible(false);
BufferedImage image = builder.getOnlyBarCodeImage();
myImg.getImageInfo().setSystemImage(image);

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I’m not able to notice the image files creation at a temporary location. Could you please clarify a bit more? I mean, does every getOnlyBarCodeImage call leave a ~tmp file open? If it is so, then please share a screenshot along with environment details e.g. Operating System, .NET Framework and Visual Studio etc. It will help us to be more specific. We’ll take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Yes, every getOnlyBarCodeImage call leave a ~tmp file open, the number of files open keeps increasing until we restart the server, which brings down the number of open files, but then it repeats, with every call to getOnlyBarCodeImag(), the incremental occurs.

this Java code is packaged on an EAR file and deployed as web service on Websphere 8 on a UNIX server.

again, we monitor the number of files open, which only increases by this call

Hi

Thank you for sharing this information. We're working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Hi

Thank you for being patient. We’ve logged an investigation. This task has been logged under ticket id BARCODJAVA-33443 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the matter. Your request has also linked to this issue. We will update you once a significant progress has been made in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODJAVA-33443) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.