BarcodeReader/PDF Image Extraction

Hello,

Since the Aspose PDF Kit has been purged, how do you suggest reading a barcode from a PDF? All of your documentation/examples still refer to the usage of Aspose.PDF.Kit.PdfExtractor.

A prompt response is appreciated. Thanks.

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Recognize Barcode from Pdf Document - Aspose.BarCode for .NET

Hi,

Please use the code from this link http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.pdf-for-.net/extract-images-from-the-pdf-file.html to extract images from PDFs. BarCode related code will remain the same.

The documentation will be updated soon. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us in case you have further comments or questions.

Best Regards,

Thanks for the reply, but this does not work for me. I have the latest version of everything (released Nov 2011) and I'm getting errors when I try this code. Here is the error that I get..."Operation could destabilize the runtime."

I asked what to do when I got this error in another post and I was told not to use the latest Aspose.Pdf .dll and instructed to revert back to the Aspose.Pdf.Kit .dll. That however has produced similar results.

Here is what I'm trying to do...it's a simple problem. I just want to read a barcode from a PDF that I'm creating. When I upload the PDF to your demo site, it reads the barcode off of it fine. So I copied your exact same code from the demo and ran it on my system and I'm getting errors or I'm getting blank text...depending on which .dll I use. Can you please help with this issue?

What .dlls (Barcode and Pdf.Kit) are you using on the Barcode - Read a Barcode from PDF demo?

Also, I'm attaching the PDF file that I'm having the issues with.

Hi,

The website demos are based on .NET 3.5 dlls so they work. The “operation could destablize runtime” problem is occurring with .NET 4.0 dlls only.

I have attached a sample VS 2010 project to read the barcode from the PDF document. The product versions used are:
Aspose.Pdf: version: 6.4.1 from net4.0 folder (please add reference)
Aspose.BarCode: version 4.0.0 from net3.5 folder (dll included)