Barcodes with minimal noise cannot be decoded

Hi Aspose,

So the issue I'm experiencing with Aspose.Barcode is that if I scan a document with 300DPI quality that contains a PDF417 barcode created by Aspose.Barcode into a Tiff file, the decode method fails to correctly decode the barcode. The very same barcode can be decoded if provided directly. It seems that the aspose.barcode decode method cannot handle even the least amount of noise on the barcode.

I've tried decoding the very same scanned version using Clear Image SDK and other online tools and all successfully decode the barcode.

Hi,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Will it be possible for you to share one of your problematic images for our review?

Looking forward to your positive response.

Hi Babar,

<a href="http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg194/scaled.php?server=194&filename=barcodec.png&res=medium">Click here for barcode sample</a>

Here is an example of the barcode with some noise that cannot be decoded with Aspose.Barcode. This is rather an extreme case, I’ve had much more clear samples that Aspose.Barcode has failed to decode. I figured to provide this extreme case since:

1- Other tools can still decode this
2- Even the Aspose online decoder can decode this

I’m using v4.5.

Thanks,
Ali

Hi Ali,

Thank you for the sample image.

I am afraid I could not recognize the sample image with the latest release, so I have logged a bug for this (ID: BARCODENET-33135). We will look into it and will notify you as soon as it gets fixed.

However, it reads the barcode correctly with an older release 3.9, would it be possible for you use this version until we fix this issue?