Before I Buy

I have a question about the Pdf.GetBuffer() function.

I am saving my documents to a database as blob data. When I use the GetBuffer() function as a byte[] for my insert, the data is inserted twice. Is this something that Aspose does in the evaluation (IE: will it go away if I purchase a corporate license?) or is there something wrong with the code?

Since I already have a 30 day license file, I need to know asap as it is very important to my decision making process.

Thanks!

HisKid

Dear HisKid,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I can't understand your problem exactly. Do you mean you called the Pdf.GetBuffer() function once and the data is inserted twice? Can you please elaborate it or post your code here? This has nothing to do with the evaluation version.

Thats correct. I called the pdf.GetBuffer() once and the file contains doubled results. When I save it to disk, I have single results within the file.

I have tested this issue with the following code and have not found any error:

Pdf pdf = new Pdf();

Section section = new Section(pdf);
pdf.Sections.Add(section);

Text text1 = new Text(section);
text1.Margin.Top = 30;
section.Paragraphs.Add(text1);

Segment segment1 = new Segment(text1);
text1.Segments.Add(segment1);
segment1.Content = "this is text content";

byte[] buf = pdf.GetBuffer();

System.IO.FileStream fs = new System.IO.FileStream("D:/test/test.pdf",System.IO.FileMode.Create);
fs.Write(buf,0,buf.Length);

fs.Close();

I figured out the problem. I had upgraded my Acrobat Reader from 7.0.5 to 7.0.7 and had not rebooted. Now my files are being displayed properly.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

John Valentine