Best approach for using Aspose.Words for document conversion on LAMP system

I’d like to use Aspose.Words purely for document conversion (docx to pdf) from my PHP web app - the idea is to avoid having to maintain separate code for docx and pdf.

So what’s the best way to achieve this? My guess is that I’d need to write a small command-line utility to execute from PHP. Assuming this is the case, would it be best to use the Java version of Aspose.Words or the .Net version (via Mono)? I’ve read that there are some rendering issues with the .Net version. So if I want the best fidelity to the original docx file, is Java going to be the ideal approach?

Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your query. In your case, you can use Aspose.Words for .NET via COM Interop. Please read following documentation articles for your kind reference.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Use+Aspose.Words+for+.NET+via+COM+Interop
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/PHP+and+Aspose.Words+for+.NET

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi

So using COM interop (presumably via XPCOM and Mono) is the method you’d recommend for a Linux server?
Is that likely to work more effectively than, say, the Java version via PHP/Java bridge?

Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your query. You can use Aspose.Words with PHP for both Java and .NET. Please follow the links below to learn how to use Aspose.Words in your PHP application:

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks Tahir. I knew about that. Never mind; maybe I can find answers elsewhere.

Hi Phil,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. Please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. So there should not be any significant difference in functionalities between Java and .NET versions because the code is mostly the same.

pipeski:
So using COM interop (presumably via XPCOM and Mono) is the method you’d recommend for a Linux server?
Is that likely to work more effectively than, say, the Java version via PHP/Java bridge?
You can use both environments but it depends upon your requirements. Please read following articles for your kind reference.