Bevel on shapes doesn't seem to be working?

I am trying to add bevel 3d effect to a shape programatically and it doesn't seem to be working.

What is weird is when i actually go into powerpoint and click "Format Shape", it does seem like all of the settings that I am setting below are being set but I don't see any 3d effect (see my picture below). If, once in powerpoint, I click on any of the settings (even reclicking settings that are already are set like BevelTop = circle, then it does take effect at that point.

Am I doing something wrong below?

I have attached a picture to help illustrate the issue. On the left is what I am trying to create with my code and on the right side of the picture is what is actually showing up. Here is my code below

IShape shape = slide.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Ellipse, 30, 30, 13, 13);
shape.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = GetOrangeColor();
ILineFillFormat fillFormat = shape.LineFormat.Fillformat;
fillformat.FillType = FillType.Solid
fillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = GetGreenColor();
shape.LineFormat.Width = 2.0;
shape.ThreeDFormat.BevelTop.BevelType = BevelPresetType.Circle;
shape.ThreeDFormat.BevelTop.Height = 6;
shape.ThreeDFormat.BevelTop.Width = 6;

Please confirm if I am missing something or doing something incorrectly?

Hi Adam,

I have worked with the sample code shared by you and have observed that 3D properties for the shape are getting set in properties but are not reflecting visually unless it is manually updated one time from properties. It seems to be an issue in Aspose.Slides and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-36884 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Thanks for the quick reply. If I run an old version of the aspose.slides libary would it work? I am trying to figure out if this is something that broke in the latest versions or if this is something that never worked ??

Please confirm.

Hi Adam,

I have verified the functionality till Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.10.0 and have observed that functionality is unavailable. I request you to be patient till the time our product team resolve the issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Adam,

I suggest you to please try using the following sample code on your end. By using this code, I am able to achieve the bevel effects on the shape. I hope this will be helpful.

public static void Add3DShape()
{
Presentation pres = new Presentation();
ISlide slide = pres.Slides[0];

IAutoShape shape = slide.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeType.Ellipse, 30, 30, 100, 100);
shape.FillFormat.FillType = FillType.Solid;
shape.FillFormat.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Green;
ILineFillFormat format = shape.LineFormat.FillFormat;
format.FillType = FillType.Solid;
format.SolidFillColor.Color = Color.Orange;
shape.LineFormat.Width = 2.0;
shape.ThreeDFormat.Depth = 4;
shape.ThreeDFormat.BevelTop.BevelType = BevelPresetType.Circle;
shape.ThreeDFormat.BevelTop.Height = 6;
shape.ThreeDFormat.BevelTop.Width = 6;

shape.ThreeDFormat.Camera.CameraType = CameraPresetType.OrthographicFront;
shape.ThreeDFormat.LightRig.LightType = LightRigPresetType.ThreePt;
shape.ThreeDFormat.LightRig.Direction = LightingDirection.Top;
pres.Save(@“D:\Aspose Data\3DPres3.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);

}

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36884) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.