Big datamatrix encoding problem

hi there,
we run in a big encoding problem with datamatrx.

It seems that if you take only a few count of character and fill them with blanks the resulting image can NOT be scaned by SOME scanners. That means that we search a cuple of hours to find the background of the behavior.

I have add two attachments. The only difference is the amount of real data with is fillt up to 304 character with blanks. The nok.pdf can definitely not scaned by some scanners and unfortunately we do not have the option to change the scannertype.

We try to change many propertes - only adding more character helps.

Any Idea???

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response on your inquiry.

I am able to scan the sample PDF files provided by you. It seems that these barcodes are encoded with different CodeText. Below is the text I got from the barcodes,

nok.pdf[A|2760192803|276a15nApV|AA|276|79539|001|001|69161|Constanze Zscherper|||Mozartstr. |13|LOERRACH||26761000068|4770|010| |ý]
ok.pdf[A|2760185771|276a15eGNR|AA|276|56751|001|001|1|gLS Germany|Rene Arndt||Im Gohl|1|POLCH|012345 6789|10061001029|2968|010| |ý]
You have explained that you are facing the problem of scanning the barcodes generated by Aspose.BarCode component. Can you please elaborate further what have you found out to the cause of this problem??

If you havn’t tried the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v4.5.0, then please give this latest release a try and let us know of your results. If your problem persists then share your code snippets as sample for our review.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Now we have some advanded hints:

We use the Scanner SYMBOL DS3478v

We generate barcodes with your online-barcode-generator the first can be scaned the second not!

(between >>> and <<<)

<span style=“color: rgb(31, 73, 125); font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-themecolor: dark2;”>>>><span style=“color: black; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”;”>A|2760192803|276a15nApV|AA|276|56751|001|001|1|gLS Germany|xxxxxxxxxx|000000000000000|Im xxxx|1|xxxxx||36361001230|4770|010|
|<span style=“color: rgb(31, 73, 125); font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-themecolor: dark2;”><<<<o:p></o:p>

<span style=“color: rgb(31, 73, 125); font-family: “Calibri”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 11pt; mso-themecolor: dark2; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi;”><o:p> </o:p><span style=“color: rgb(31, 73, 125); font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language: DE; mso-fareast-language: DE; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-themecolor: dark2;”>>>><span style=“color: black; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language: DE; mso-fareast-language: DE; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>A|2760192803|276a15nApV|AA|276|56751|001|001|1|gLS
Germany|xxxxxxxxxx||Im xxxx|1|xxxxx||36361001229|4770|010|
|<span style=“color: rgb(31, 73, 125); font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language: DE; mso-fareast-language: DE; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-themecolor: dark2;”><<<<span style=“color: black; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language: DE; mso-fareast-language: DE; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>

<span style=“color: black; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: “Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language: DE; mso-fareast-language: DE; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>

Hi,

Thank you for the hints.

I am afraid that I do not have access to your said scanner (SYMBOL DS3478v). So I am unable to test the issue on my end. Attached to my reply are two barcode labels in an archive. I have generated them with latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v4.5.0 and my below source code,

C#
var builder = new Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder();
// builder.CodeText = “A|2760192803|276a15nApV|AA|276|56751|001|001|1|gLS Germany|Rene Arndt|000000000000000|Im Gohl|1|LORCH||36361001230|4770|010| |”;
builder.CodeText = “A|2760192803|276a15nApV|AA|276|56751|001|001|1|gLS Germany|Rene Arndt||Im Gohl|1|Lorch||36361001229|4770|010| |”;
builder.SymbologyType = Symbology.DataMatrix;
builder.Save(“2.png”, BarCodeImageFormat.Png);

You can test the attached barcode labels with the said scanner and feed us back with your results.

thanks for your effort.

In the prblem with the scanner we are run also. But now we have the scanner here and I confirm that the 2.png dose NOT work. Certainly the 2.png is readable by many other scanners.

If you compare the to images you see that there have an different size. We have find out that all 'larger' images are not scanable.

I suppose that there is a problem by the large amount of space character and I would like to finde a propterty like 'CompressType' or 'NoCompress'

so long

Hi,

I suppose that you have no idea and is caused by a bug inside of your DATAMATRIX generater. So we have to change the product :(

Hi,

I have rechecked both barcodes for several times and I couldn’t figure out the difference that you have given hints about. Both barcodes have code text length equal to 305.

If you can tell us the cause of problem or at least the difference, may be we can fix it in our next release. As narrated earlier, I don’t have access to your specific scanner so we got only you to help us fix this problem (if a problem).

Hi,

there is certainly a problem, but you have to find a scanner like the Motorola Symbol DS3478 the scanner is used in many places.

The hint is the different size of the images. There is the key

We check IDAutomation - its works immediately. (sorry) - unfortunately we have a licence of Aspose and we hoped for a use from aspose...

can I hope for something?

Hi,

Thank you for guiding us to resolve this problem. I have logged an investigation in our bug tracking system to probe further into this matter. The ticket id for your reference is BARCODENET-33118. As soon as we receive any updates from the development team, we will post here for you.

Hi,

Please find attached two images in an archive. Can you please check both on your said scanner if you can read the data?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

thanks again for your efforts, but both immages can be scan only with a new motorola scanner. the symbol scanner remain silent with both images

now you want to retire the aspose service of datamatrix?
The Problem is still pesent and I suggest a bug fix...

Hi,

I am afraid that I haven’t received any updates on this. As soon as I get any news, I will let you know here.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi,

Please accept our apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Recently we had some progress in this matter. Attached to my reply is two png files with CodeText from nok.pdf sample document, which was not scanned by scanner. Could you please give it a try on your scanner. Please also share the detailed reports produced by it.

Hi,
thanks for your reply. We have tested both images and there was no problem to scan. Attached are two text files with results of the scanner. the scanner is configured to english, so no worry about other letters like ‘y’ instead of ‘z’ and so on.
In the meantime we used another datamatrix-generator - we couldn’t keep our customers waiting…
But we could think about going back to aspose. If we can get an update. For free we like best.
Kind regards

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. I have passed this information to our development team. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved and available for public use. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Good news for you is BARCODENET-33118 has been resolved and now you can generate or recognize barcodes with latest Aspose.BarCode for .NET 5.4.0. Please visit the download page here: