Big files impossible?

Hello, currently we try to convert really Big Files > 122 pages to convert via Aspose.Pdf Java (Trial), and always getting: “GC overhead limit exceeded”.

Isn’t there any kind of Async API or a More streamish API which doesn’t keep the whole file in memory??
Hi Christian

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid Aspose.Pdf processes files in memory, so performance relates to file size and system resources. Please increase your java heap size as following, it will help you to accomplish the task. If the issue persist then please share your sample PDF document and environment details here as well, so we will try to replicate the issue at our end and will provide you information accordingly.

-Xms512
-Xmx2048

XXMaxPermSize=256m

Moreover, you may also please make a request for 30 days temporary license to evaluate our product without any limitation.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Hello, sorry but I already raised the limitations way above your suggestions.

Currently we are on the latest JVM and we can’t raise it higher than 4096m since we run a product which only gets between 8g-16g Memory. And the memory is needed for other things.

Our files are so big since they sometimes coming in a raw form (printer with high dpi, no compression files, user generated content with many images and a little compression).

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your feedback. As requested earlier, please share your sample code and problematic document here. We will test the scenario and will guide you accordingly. If your file is quite big to share via forum then you can share it via some free file sharing service e.g. Dropbox, skydrive etc.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Another issue we want to convert a Big HTML file to PDF(A) and get the same OOM error.

I attached a demo file. I needed to zip it since I couldn’t upload html.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario and have observed that HTML to PDF conversion process is taking too much time when tested with Aspose.Pdf for Java 11.3.0 in Eclipse Mars project running over Windows 10 (x64) on Intel Core i5 2.4 Ghx with 16GB of RAM. However I have observed that conversion process is taking much time i.e. more than 20 minutes. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-35728 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

@c.schmitt

Thanks for your patience.

We are pleased to inform you that earlier reported issue PDFJAVA-35728, has been resolved in latest version Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.12. The conversion algorithm has been optimized and the processing time was about 4-5 minutes in our environment while using latest version. Please also note that the document is huge, and the minimum amount of memory, required for the conversion is 8Gb (-Xmx8g -Xms8g).

Please try using the latest release version and in case you face any issue, please feel free to contact us.