BindHTML Error

I am attempting to use the following code the load HTML received from the RenderControl Method on a Panel in ASP.Net

iobj_PDF = New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf
iobj_PDF.BindHTML(ps_RawHTML)

On the BindHTML line I am receiving the error message:
Error Source:
Source 1: mscorlib

Error Message:
Error 1: Illegal characters in path.

Stack Trace:
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path) at System.IO.Path.GetFileName(String path) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options) at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize) at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding) at Aspose.Pdf.HTML.ᘪ.ᙜ(String එ) at Aspose.Pdf.HTML.Ⓘ.ඐ(String එ) at Aspose.Pdf.Pdf.ඐ(String එ, HtmlInfo ܰ, Boolean ඒ, String ඓ) at Aspose.Pdf.Pdf.BindHTML(String path) at PublishClass.PublishPage(ePublishFormat pe_PublishFormat, String ps_PublishOption, GridView[] paobj_GridView, String[] pa_SelectedRowNumberFromGridView, GATSCriteria[] paobj_Criteria, Chart[] paobj_ChartControl, String[,] pa_ChartTitle, String[] pa_LeftAxisTitle, String[] pa_LeftAxisStatType, String[] pa_LeftAxisChartType, String[] pa_RightAxisTitle, String[] pa_RightAxisStatType, String[] pa_RightAxisChartType, String ps_RawHTML) in C:\VS 2005 Projects\Projects\GATS New Solution\GATS Web Site\App_Code\PublishClass.vb:line 200 at _Default.PublishFromMasterPage(Object sender, CommandEventArgs e) in C:\VS 2005 Projects\Projects\GATS New Solution\GATS Web Site\Default.aspx.vb:line 197

Can someone please provide assistance?

Hi,

Can you please save the HTML file to hard drive and try generating the pdf file using that file. In case the issue persists, please share the HTML file with us so that we can test the issue at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

OK -- I was just being silly -- sorry -- I was trying to pass the string html into it the bindhtml method versus creating a textreader of some sort.

Once I used a textreader, it worked.

So how does Aspose handle relative links to css files, image files etc?

Hi,

Css is not supported. Relative path of image can be supported by HtmlInfo.ImgUrl.

Css is not support in what manner? Any manner? i.e. if I have in line style sheet it will not work??

What if I hard code the full URL path to the CSS would it work then?

Hi,

Css is totally not supported. The HTML feature is Beta version and only simple HTML is supported. We are working on this issue but it can't be available in short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.