Blank image on Thumbnail slide

Hello,
I have a problem with Aspose Slides. I want to create thumbnail of each slides of my presentation, but images in the slides are empty (blank white square). But when I open my presentation, every thing is ok.

Here the code that I use to insert image in a slide

PresentationEx MyPresentation.....
MyPresentation.Slides.AddClone(OriginalSlideStandard);
SlideEx MySlide = MyPresentation.....

System.Drawing.Image img = System.Drawing.Image.FromFile("Images/Logo.JPG");
ImageEx imgx = MyState.FinalPresentation.Images.AddImage(img);

MySlide.Shapes.AddPictureFrame(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle, 50.740f, 170.078f, 294, 200, imgx);

Here the code to create the thumbnail of the slide
Bitmap[] bitmaps = new Bitmap[1];
bitmaps[0] = (Bitmap)MySlide.GetThumbnail(0.5f, 0.5f);
bitmaps[0].Save(@"C:\Test" + iIndex + ".jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg);

I use the DLL 4.3.0.0

Thank you and have a nice day

Hi Steeve,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Can you please share the source presentation with us so that we may try reproducing the issue on our end. Have you tried the latest available version of Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please use Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.3.0 and if you are still unable to get the thumbnails then share source presentation with us for necessary investigation.

Thanks and Regards,

I encounter the same problem in Java slides version 2.5.0 (the latest one) with PPTX files, when I try to save a PPTX slide as an image (using pptx library - com.aspose.slides.pptx.PresentationEx and etc.) I get blank png file for every slide. JAI and JAI O/I is installed and the same presentation in old format (PTT) is converted OK (using com.aspose.slides.Presentation class and etc.) - I can see an image for every slide.

I work with library for jdk1.4.

Hi Malemandala,

I think you have made the similar post here and I have already replied you for this. Please share the further information requested in the other thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Sorry for the delay (big delay). My supervisor assigns me on another project…

I still have the same problem and I’m using the version 5.3.0.0.

Here the code to add the image on the slide

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream("Function to get the image stored in the BD(in byte[])");
System.Drawing.Image img = System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(ms);
ImageEx imgx = pPresentation.Images.AddImage(img);

float[] iDimensions = "Function to get the good dimensions depend of the photo size";
pPresentation.Slides[iSlideToUse].Shapes.AddPictureFrame(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle, 75.401574803f, 202.677165354f, iDimensions[0], iDimensions[1], imgx);

Here the code to create the thumbnail

MemoryStream iImages = new MemoryStream();
pPressentation.Slides[iIndex - 1].GetThumbnail(0.25f, 0.25f).Save(iImages, ImageFormat.Png);
return iImages;

All thumbnails of the presentation is display in separate usercontrol and all usercontrols are in a div tag control (see attachments). For each thumbnail, we can change fields to display (Client, total cost, type of contract, etc.). On the first load, all photos are not on the slides, but if I refresh individually a thumbnail (change field to diplay using xmlhttp request), the photo appears.

Thanks and have a good day

Steeve

Hi Steeve,

I have tried to understand the code logic shared by you. Unfortunately, it is not the complete depiction of scenario as what you have shared seemed ok. It will be really appreciable if you may please share working project code with me that represent the complete depiction of the issue you are facing so that we may help you out in a much better way.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Ok, I will try to create a prototype of this functionality of the application. I will let you know when it's ready.

Thank you!

Steeve

Hi Mudassir,

I extracted this PowerPoint functionality of our application and create a small application that reproduce my problem (see attachment). To reproduce the problem, you have to click on Open and if you click on the generated thumbnail, a presentation will be generated only with this project. If you click on Print, all selected projects will be in the presentation.

The problem occurs when you click on "Open", all thumbnail is created, but sometimes without the photo. If you change field to display (options beside the thumbnail), the photo appears in the thumbnail. Photos are always there in PowerPoint presentation.

I hope that you can reproduce the problem...

Thank you

Steeve

Hi Steeve,

Thanks for sharing the information desired. Can you please also share information about your environment setup in which you are using your application. I may imitate that on my end to reproduce the issue specified.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

The prototype is build with Visual Studio 2010, framewrok 3.5. I run it only on localhost (ASP.NET Development server).

The entire solution is build with VS 2005, framework 2.0, IIS 5.0 on my workstation and 6.0 on test and production servers.

The OS of my workstation is XP sp3.

Do you want to know something more specific??

Thank you for your time and have a nice day

Steeve

Hi Steeve,

I am working on the issue shared by you and will share the findings with you ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks again for your time.

Have a nice day!!!

Steeve

Hi Steeve,

I have worked with the presentation and have not been able to observe the issue. However, an issue with ID 29324 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thank you to have informed me.

Steeve