Blocking issue export of shapes using FloydSteinberg dithering

Dear team,

Now that I have migrated from version 18.9 to version 19.1, I experience a blocking issue related to the export of shapes to tiff format using FloydSteinberg dithering.

When using the 18.9 version the results were very satisfactory. Now that I have upgraded to 19.1 all saved tiff files are completely white. No matter what value for the FloydSteinberg Threshold I use. They are completely white.

In the attached zip file, you can find the document containing 4 images (2 color, 2 not), also a JUnit test class is present.

I have also included the result of executing the test with 19.1 and 18.9.
Folder 18-9 contains the result using version 18.9 (and is produced by the second test method)
Folder 19-1 contains the result using version 19.1 (and is produced using the first test method).

Maybe I’m doing something completely wrong here.

Looking for your support on this very serious matter.

Kind regards
Patrick

ExportImagesFloydSteinberg.zip (2.1 MB)

@PatrickVB,

We have logged your problem in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSJAVA-1982. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue.

Hi Awais,
Many thanks for the update.
Looking at the documentation of the setThresholdForFloydSteinbergDithering method, it mentions “The default value is 128.”.

However the byte primitive type in java has value range of -128 to 127 (Primitive Data Types (The Java™ Tutorials > Learning the Java Language > Language Basics)) . So 128 is not even in the range of a byte type. Maybe this is where the confusion/problem is coming from. byte in java is always signed, this in contrast with C#, where a byte has values from 0 to 255.

Thanks for keeping me update. But please understand that this behavior as I currently observe it, is causing huge problems.

Patrick

@PatrickVB,

Thanks for the additional information. We have logged these details in our issue tracking system. We will keep you posted on any further updates and let you know as soon as this issue is resolved.

Hi Awais,

I see that the Issue 1982 is closed. What is the solution?
Is there something I need to change in my code?
Thanks for the update.

Kind regards

Patrick

@PatrickVB,

We have good news for you i.e. WORDSJAVA-1982 has now been resolved and the fix of this issue will be included in the 19.2 (next version) of Aspose.Words for Java. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the next version containing the fix of your issue will be released in next few days.

The following screenshot shows the outputs we produced on our end with the current code base.

Hi Awais,

That is indeed very good news. I’m looking forward to this new release.

Regards
Patrick

Dear Awais,

Any update on the release date of 19.2 of Aspose for Java.

Many thanks

Patrick

Hi Awais,

I noticed that 19.2 Java is already available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Patrick

@PatrickVB,

Yes, please try the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 19.2 that we released last week.