Bookmarks still not working in Aspose.PDF 1.6.0.0 and Still a problem with Images in the Report Header

My initial testing of a very simple bookmark case is not working with the new version of Aspose (1.6.0.0).

Can someone try this rdl and confirm that I am not doing something completely wrong, here? I haven't included an image in the header, because I am more concerned about the bookmarks, and I have another open post regarding the issue with images in the report header causing a corrupted PDF.

The attached report uses the AdventureWorksDW2008 database and just lists the top 50 from the email addresses dimension. It has a text-box on the first page that jumps to a text-box that ends up being on the last (3rd) page, and allows you to jump back from that bottom text box to the top one. Bookmarks work in the report viewer, and it works in Excel, but not Aspose PDFs.

Are you guys sure you didn't accidentally upload the dll from the 1.5.0.0 version?

Hello Barret,

Sorry for replying you so late.

I have tested the issue and I’m able to reproduce the regression bug. I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-10906. We will investigate this issue in detail and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

So when you say that bookmarks have been supported in this version, do you mean bookmarks as in the Table of Contents in the PDF that you can get by creating a document map in SSRS? Or is it true that bookmarks on report items such as is shown in the RDL I attached to my post are supposed to work? If they are supposed to work, what is the bug that is causing it not to work in my report?

Can anyone give me an example RDL with working bookmarks so I will know what you meant?

Hi,

Sorry for your inconvenience!

I have tested bookmark on my computer with the latest version of AsposePdf, it works correctly while it does reproduce the error with the released version. After comparison between them, it is my mistake that the control code about bookmark be only migrated to SSRS report viewer2008.

I have replaced the code,and would test it. The hotfix would be provided on tomorrow.

Hello Barret,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We're extremely sorry for the delay and inconvenience that you've been facing due to this issue.

In fact the issue was resolved quite earlier but we've been busy while performing regression testing over the hotfix. Now that the hotfix is available, can you please try using it and we believe it contains the resolution for the issue reported earlier as PDFREP-10906 in this thread.

I've also attached the sample .RDL file that you requested.

Once again, we apologize for the hassle and we really appreciate your comprehension in this regard.