We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Bookmarks Text HTML

Hi,

I am creating documents being saved as PDF through Aspose.Words, which is incorporating bookmarks.

The bookmarks are replaced with text, which can be HTML. I don't know which bookmarks may be html beforehand.

Once I've updated my bookmarks, I want to loop back through them and convert the HTML tags (i.e. underline etc.) so that it appears as intended on the PDF. How can I do this with Aspose.Words?

Thanks,

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please use the following code snippet to achieve your requirements. Following code example extract the bookmark contents (the html contents) and insert the HTML into document by using DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml method.

// open the document

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");

DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

foreach (Bookmark bm in doc.Range.Bookmarks)

{

//Get the text enclosed in the bookmark

string html = bm.Text;

bm.Text = "";

//Move cursor to bookmark and isnert html

builder.MoveToBookmark(bm.Name);

builder.InsertHtml(html);

//InsertHtmlWithBuilderFormatting(builder, html);

}

doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.docx");

Please read following documentation links for your kind reference.
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/DocumentBuilder+Overview
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Working+with+Bookmarks

Moreover, the content inserted by DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml method does not inherit formatting specified in DocumentBuilder options. Whole formatting is taken from HTML snippet. If you insert HTML with no formatting specified, then default formatting is used for inserted content.

If this is the case, you may use InsertHtmlWithBuilderFormatting instead of the InsertHtml method as shown in above code (the commented line). I have attached the code related to InsertHtmlWithBuilderFormatting with this post. Hope this helps you.

Excellent, thanks!

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi Tahir, do you by chance have the code in Java, or even, are there plans to allow insertHTML() to inherit from a style other than Normal?

Unfortunately we are inserting HTML for which there isn’t support for formatting.

Thank you.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have attached the Java equivalent of InsertHtmlWithBuilderFormatting here with this post. Please try it and let us know if you have any more queries.
Document doc = new Document(“C:\Temp\in.docx”);
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

DocumentBuilderHelper helper = new DocumentBuilderHelper(builder);
helper.insertHtmlWithBuilderFormatting(formatted html string);

doc.save(“C:\Temp\outJava.docx”);

I hope, this helps.