Borland Delphi Support?

Hi.,

I'm in the process of evaluating AsposeWords for use in my application. But have a few simple questions first.

1) Has the product been tested with Borland Delphi.NET?

2) I need to convery between Word formats, i.e. from Word XP to Word 6 or from Word 2003 to Word 2000 with the minimum loss of formatting, is this possible?

3) Some files require me to change document compatability settings. Say a Word 2003 document needs to be set to 2000 compatability mode, is this supported?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard Adams.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Words.

Answering your questions:

1) We haven't tested explicitly with Borland Delphi.NET. But there should not be any problem because Aspose.Words is a conventional single dll .NET library written entirely in C#.

2) Word formats from Word97 to Word2003 are compatible and fully supported by Aspose.Words. To read files generated by Aspose.Words in Word 6.0/95 you can use free plugin from Microsoft, which is available at the following address:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/word2000/converte/1/win98/en-us/wrd97cnv.exe

3) I will be able to answer this question tomorrow, after consulting with my colleagues.

Best Regards,

There is quite a big number of compatibilty settings. If you will specify the ones you need we might be able to expose them in the public API.

Generally any Word 2003 document can be opened in Word 2000.

If you mean the compatibility options in Tools | Options | Compatibility tab then you should know that they are set for Word application not for particular document.