Box and Whisker chart ignoring multiple x-axis categories

Box-and-whisker.zip (504.1 KB)

Here are the Excel file and resulting, aspose produced, pdf file. In the Excel file, the corresponding graphs are found on the tabs labeled ‘Report_x’.

@jblair
By using sample files and code for testing, we can reproduce the issue.I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused you.We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSPYTHONJAVA-73

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for continuing to look into this issue. I look forward to v. 23.11! :smiley:

@jblair,

Sure, we will keep you posted with any updates once they are available on your issue.

Hello again,
It has been brought to my attention that there is another very important part of the Excel box-and-whisker that is not reproduced in the Aspose processed pdf.

In Excel, in addition to the box-and-whisker component of the graph, the data outliers are also plotted as dots above and below the box-and-whisker component. For our reporting, we consider the outlying data points as critical. Attached are two pdfs, one from Excel demonstrating the outlier data, and the same after processing through Aspose, lacking the outlier data.

Re_ Aspose cells updated to 23.10 on test report server.zip (307.5 KB)

Thank you for your kind attention in this matter.

@jblair
Thanks for your feedback and details. We will investigate your issue further. Hopefully we can figure it out soon. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@jblair
Drawing outliers points is currently not supported for us, and we are planning to develop this feature as a new enhancement. Once the development is completed, we will release it in our latest version.Thank you.

@jblair The issues you have found earlier have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Python via Java 23.11.

• Aspose.Cells for Python via Java v23.11 (Releases | Pip)

Will this update also include the box-and-whisker outlier points, or is that still an enhancement for the future?

@jblair,

Yes, new version also supports to render outlier points in the the box-and-whisker chart.

This is great news! Thank you very much.

@jblair,

You are welcome.

Well, I just tested the box-and-whisker and it is almost perfect. Thanks again for all the hard work you have already put into this.

However, I have identified one more issue. If there are a large number of x-axis labels, they are printing in the middle of the graph, instead of at the bottom. A minor issue to be sure, but annoying. I have tested it with 5 x-axis labels, also, and it looks perfect!

Attached are the files with the 25 x-axis labels. Thanks again for all your excellent effort.

Archive 3.zip (1.5 MB)

@jblair,

Could you please share some screenshots to highlight the problematic areas for specified charts regarding x-axis labels positions while comparing Excel chart(s) with output chart images in the generated PDF (chart by chart). This will help us to accurately evaluate the issue on our end.

The previously attached ‘Archive 3.zip’ contains the Aspose output pdf, as well as the source Excel file. If you open the pdf, you can clearly see the x-axis labels printed in the middle of the graph. To see the source Excel graph, you can view worksheet ‘Report_1’. Do you need something more?

@jblair ,

Thanks for providing further details.

We will evaluate your mentioned issue and address it soon (if possible).

@jblair
Thank you for the details and they do help us to trace the issue more efficiently. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSPYTHONJAVA-79

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSPYTHONJAVA-79) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Nick.Liu

Fantastic! I will apply the update and test. Thanks for the rapid attention to this issue.

@jblair
You are welcome. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.