Broken empty text fields when DOC file saved to PDF

Dear Aspose Developers,
When DOC file converted to PDF all text fields without values are replaced with 5 empty rectangles. My questions are:

1. Is it known bug of Aspose.Words?
  2. If 1-YES, when the problem will be fixed.
  3. If 1-No, please provide a workarond for the attached documents.

Aspose.Words for .NET 6.3.0
Input and output files are attached.
Best regards, Evgeniy

Hi Evgeniy,

Thank you for your request. The problem with empty form fields is logged in our defect database as issue #7770. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
As a workaround you can try using the following code:

// Open document
Document doc = new Document(@"Test075\in.doc");
// Before saving we should remove values from empty formafields
foreach(FormField field in doc.Range.FormFields)
{
    if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(field.Result))
        field.Result = string.Empty;
}
// Save output document
doc.SaveToPdf(@"Test075\out.pdf");

Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Thanks a lot, Alexey!
It helped.

Hi,

I have the same problem. It seems like it’s okay when there is a default text in the text field, but if I typed something in the field, it still converts to 5 squares along with whatever I typed in between the squares.

Another problem that I am having is that checkboxes are converted to empty narrow boxes. It seems to be fine when I run the application on my machine running Windows XP, but the same application is having problems running on Windows Server 2003.

Any idea what could be causing this? I have attached the original document, the output pdf generated from Windows XP machine and the output pdf file generated on Windows server 2003.

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for your request. Yes, you are right, this is the same issue. Regarding the problem with checkboxes, it can occurs because Wingdings2 font is not installed on your test server. Please try to install Wingdings2 font (see attachment). This should fix the problem. Please let me know in case of any issues.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7770) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(9)

Hi,

The updated version fixed the issue with the text fields being converted to squares in PDF, but it seems to have changed the behavior of merge fields within text fields. Aspose was able to merge fields within a text field with the older version, but not this new version. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Hi Lynxdev,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please be more specific regarding your problem, please attach your input and output documents here for testing.
Best regards,