Broken links when opening in Excel 2007

Hello!

I attached a test file. If I open this file in Excel 2010 or 2013 - it opens correctly. But when I open it in Excel 2007 - see window with error “Excel found unreadable content in filename.xls. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?”. File was generated by Aspoce.Cells. Probably a mistake in cell with hyperlink. It contains symbol “[”. Files without such symbols in links open correctly.

We are using Aspoce.Cells v.7.5.2.0 and .net 2.0

Hi,

We observed the issue in MS Excel 2007 only as you pointed out. Could you download and try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.7.1.4 if it makes any difference.

If you still find the issue, kindly create a sample console application with v7.7.1.4 on how did you create such a file to reproduce the issue on our end and provide us here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks for reply!

We can’t use latest version, because FileFormatType.SpreadsheetML is missing in this version. It is renamed?

Hi,

Please use Excel2003XML instead in the new versions.

Thank you.

Thanks!

I created test app and attached it to this message. I think this error occurs then special symbols in link aren’t escaped to HTML codes. Is it bug or I should convert links addresses manualy?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample project.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code/project. I can find “Excel found unreadable content” error when opening the output file into MS Excel 2007, it works fine in MS Excel 2010 though.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook excel = new Workbook();
excel.Worksheets[0].Cells[0, 0].PutValue("[no number]");
excel.Worksheets[0].Hyperlinks.Add(0, 0, 1, 1, “http://localhost/RBO-SRM/Contracts/ContractSearch.aspx?contractnumber=[no number]&setAnyContracts=True”);
excel.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42341” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hello Amjad!

Any news about this bug?

Hi Olga,

Thank you for your patience.

I am afraid, the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-42341 isn’t resolved yet. Currently it is pending for analysis, and is in the queue with other tasks. Unfortunately, we can not share the estimated timeline for the fix unless we have properly analyzed the problem cause on our end.

Please spare us little more time to check the issue, and to provide a fix. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.1.6
and let us know your feedback.

Hello!

I confirm bug fixing. Thanks!

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

Hello!

I’v got this bug again. The only difference is in link - instead of [no number] use “no number” (with double quotes).

We use 7.7.1.6 version and Office 2007.

Hi Olga,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our knowledge.

We are able to observe the problem while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.0.0.2 with the following piece of code. We have noticed that the resultant spreadsheet causes Excel 2007 to throw message regarding the unreadable contents in the spreadsheet whereas same file does not exhibit any problem when loaded with Excel 2010. We have logged a new ticket in this reference under Id CELLSNET-42554. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the problem cause, and to provide a fix. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

C#

Workbook excel = new Workbook();
excel.Worksheets[0].Cells[0, 0].PutValue(@""“no number”"");
excel.Worksheets[0].Hyperlinks.Add(0, 0, 1, 1, @"http://localhost/RBO-SRM/Contracts/ContractSearch.aspx?contractnumber="“no number”"&setAnyContracts=True");
excel.Save(myDir + “out1.xlsx”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.0.0.3
and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your qiuck support. Bug is fixed!

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42554) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.