Broken PDF file after saving xls to pdf

Hi,
I’m getting broken file when I’m trying to save xls to pdf.
When I save it using workbook.save(“C:\file.pdf”) it seems to be ok but what is strange, when you try to open file and then close it you’ll reveice message: "do you want to save changes to file.pdf becore closing ?"
When I save it to bytearray and try to send it to user through my webapp the file is completly broken and when you try to open it you get the error message: "There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (110)."

I’m attaching:
- source xls file: biogazownia.xls
- file saved using workbook.save(“C:\file.pdf”) - file.pdf
- file saved using bytearray - file_bytearray.pdf

Thanks in advance for help.

Hi,

I was able to replicate the problem using the latest version:

Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.1

I am attaching the output pdf for a reference.

Hi,
can you provide some workaround for this problem. This xls file is complicated so maybe it contains some non-standard element which causes problem ?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

After further looking into it, I found, it is generating fine. So it is not a bug.

Will you please check and confirm? I am attaching the output pdf and below is my sample code.

I tested it with the latest version:

Aspose.Cells for Java 7.1.1

Please download it and use it.

Java

String path = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\biogazownia.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(path);

workbook.save(path + “.out.pdf”);

Hi,
You’re right. After migrating to 7.1.1 version problem doesn’t occure any more :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know that your issue is resolved after migrating to latest version. Let us know if you face any other issue, we will be glad to help you asap.

Also, you can download and try the Offline Java Demos of Aspose.Cells for Java.

It contains simple runnable console examples which will help you to get familiar with Aspose.Cells for Java API (s) quickly and you will be able to upgrade your existing code.