BUG: Aspose.Tasks not reading entry in project file

I found that some entries are not being read tasks. This was 1st found in a large ms project file, but i was able to get just the specific line for testing.

The attached file has 3 entries, 2 read fine, one, resource Name Bob Smith won’t read at all.

This is a pretty big deal as we count on your tools to be accurate when reading data.

thanks for your help!

Hi,

Thank you a lot for the data.

I can see an issue in it but some different than you.
I have read the project by the code below utilizing Aspose.Tasks version 2.8.0.0. I have exported the data into XML using Aspose.Tasks, opened both projects in the same window and made a comparison.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using Aspose.Tasks;

namespace TestResourceData
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            License lic = new License();
            lic.SetLicense("Aspose.Tasks.lic");

ProjectReader reader = new ProjectReader();
            Project project = reader.Read("test.mpp");

Resource resource = project.GetResourceByUid(1010);
            Console.WriteLine("Resource name is '{0}'.", resource.Name);
            ProjectWriter writer = new ProjectWriter();
            writer.Write(project, "test.xml", TasksDataFormat.XML);
            Console.ReadLine();
        }
    }
}

I can see 451 resources in both projects and the resource with name ‘Bob Smith’ in both of them. I could get it by Unique ID in my code too. See a screen shot attached.

But I can not see Notes in the resource with ID = 44 in the XML. So I have created a new issue ‘Missed resource’s Notes when read data from MS Project 2007 MPP.’ with ID = 16461 and linked it to this forum thread.

Also, I can see an issue in tasks information. We read deleted task as empty so I can see more than 200 empty rows between real tasks. See a second screen shot.

I have created a new issue ‘Read deleted task as empty from MS Project 2007 MPP.’ with ID = 16462 and linked it to this thread too.

We are planning to correct the bugs in this month release (end of May).

Let me know if you have different results on your side or if I have misinterpreted your data.
Sorry for inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16461) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16462) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.