Bug in SaveFormat.PdfNotes

Hello,

I afraid that must report about bug in Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.PdfNotes. If presentation has no Notes (i.e. pr.MasterNotesSlideManager.MasterNotesSlide == null) then no original slides added to output at all.

I can create MasterNotesSlide, but cannot create required placeholders, because it has no public constructor. At last I solved this by clone shapes from “template” presentation.

The complete workaround is (probably more easy solution? :slight_smile:

if (pr.MasterNotesSlideManager.MasterNotesSlide == null)
{
using (var stream = Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream(typeof(MyExport), “NotesTemplate.pptx”))
{
var template = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(stream);
var mnslide = pr.MasterNotesSlideManager.SetDefaultMasterNotesSlide();
foreach (var tshape in template.MasterNotesSlideManager.MasterNotesSlide.Shapes)
{
mnslide.Shapes.AddClone(tshape);
}
template.Dispose();
}
}

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I have not been able to reproduce the issue. The following code is cloning the slide with notes as well as the slide without notes. Please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.7.0 on your end and then share your kind feedback with us.

using (Presentation presentation = new Presentation())
{
using (Presentation pres = new Presentation(@“D:\MyTest.pptx”))
foreach (var slide in pres.Slides)
{
presentation.Slides.AddClone(slide);
}
presentation.Slides[0].Remove();
presentation.Save(@“D:\MyTest_Aspose.pptx”, SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be happy to assist you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

Please save attached presentation as SaveFormat.PdfNotes. You will see blank page (with page number in the top-left) :slight_smile: PowerPoint produce correct Notes export (i.e. slide thumbnail and no notes below).

Yes, I’m use 15.7.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have observed your requirements and worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-36843 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-36843) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.