[BUG][ODS] Row Height is lost when doing a roundtrip (loading/saving) // Cell padding is lost too

Hello,

The bug is fairly easy to replicate.

1. Create an ODS file with Libre Office calc
  2. Set the Row Height using Format -> Row -> Height to 0.93cm
  3. Using Aspose.Cells for .NET - Load and save
  4. Execute the .NET application a few times until the row height is lost. Sometimes it takes 2 executions for me.

Another bug, same format, using Aspose.Cells for .NET is that the cell padding (inside the Border tab) of a predefined style are lost.

I’m waiting for a bugfix. Thanks alot!

@Xhat,

Please try our latest version/fix Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.1(if you are not already using it)

For first issue (even using the latest version/fix), kindly create a sample console application (runnable), zip the project and post us to reproduce the issue, we will check it soon. Also attach the ODS file.

If you still find the issue with v20.1.x, kindly do provide sample file, sample code (runnable) and some screenshots to highlight the issue, we will check it soon.

@Amjad_Sahi

Actually the bug for the row height only happens when there’s more than 1 sheet, I’m not exactly sure but right now it will be reproduced executing the code once.

Just keep a copy of test.ods, then run it once and check both before/after. The predefined style with internal padding has lost the internal padding and the row height set manually is lost in sheet2.

@Xhat,
We are analysing this issue and will share our feedback soon.

@Xhat,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47137 – Row Height/Border Padding changed while loading and saving ODS file

1 Like

@Xhat,

I am afraid, currently Aspose.Cells does not support padding-bottom and padding-top of the style in the ODS file. We cannot support this feature soon for these properties are not the part of MS Excel itself.
We will try to keep the data to fix this issue.

Alright and how about the Row height? It’s working for some sheets and not working for some others, so that should be fixable?

@Xhat,

Yes, we will try to figure it out.

Once we have any new information, we will let you know.

1 Like

@Xhat,

Could you please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.1.7 (attached)

Aspose.Cells will keep these properties of the style for now.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.1.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.1.7 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)

1 Like

The padding is kept as per my own test.

The row height however is still lost, but since I can either use the padding or the row height, and that the padding is kept, my issue is fixed for now, maybe you should still look at the row height though.

In any case, thanks.

Any idea when the next update including this fix will be published on nugget?

@Xhat,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out now.

We are scheduled to publish our next official release (e.g Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.2) in the third week of February, 2020, the release will include the fix. Official releases are published on both Downloads section and Nuget.

@Xhat,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.1.8 (attached)

We made more enhancements for your issue.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.1.8 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.1.8 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)

Was this latest enhancement published with the February release?

If yes then I just updated through Nuget and I can’t see anything going wrong - can I ask what are the enhancements though?

@Xhat,

Yes, we did include those enhancements in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.2. The issue is still not completely resolved though. We made enhancements regarding row height and cell border paddings, etc.

1 Like