We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Bug on first page

Hello,

The first page of this edition has a problem (of elements are hidden), while on the following pages all the elements are present.

If we want to appear the fields on the first page we need to add the fields in the template for the final transformation is in a table.

Can you confirm that this behavior is a bug, and if possible give me a workaround.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I have not understood your query. It would be great if you please share some more detail about your query along with following detail. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

  • Please supply us with the Jrxml files along with xml/csv data source
  • Please supply us with the .jrprint file of your jrxml
  • Please supply us with the Aspose.Words code from your application.
  • Please attach the output document that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please share to which file format you are exporting your Jrxml file

As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.



Hello,

Please find attached files :
  • models (jrxml)
  • jasperPrint serialized (xml)
  • result with Aspose Docx Exporter .
  • result with JasperReports built-in Docx Exporter
  • test file (load JasperPrint and export with Aspose Exporter)

The problem : with the Aspose Docx Exporter, some data are not displayed in the first export page.
All the others pages are correct.

Note 1 : we use the batch mode to generate (JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT_LIST).

Note 2 : with the built-in JRDocxExporter, all data are displayed on all the pages.


Can you give us a solution for this malfunction?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Cordially Jerome BENOIT

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario at jasperreports 5.1.0 using shared code and jasperPrint1.xml and have faced the following exception.

Exception in thread “main” net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBasePrintText cannot be cast to net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRTemplatePrintText
at com.aspose.words.jasperreports.AWAbstractExporter.exportReport(Unknown Source)


It would be great if you please share the .jrprint file of your jrxml here for investigation purposes. I appreciate your cooperation in advance for this.

Hello,


I use the japerreports 5.5.0 and not the 5.1.0 version.


If you run the test with the built-in jasperreports docx exporter, there is no exception. This exception is perphaps the cause of the problem…

I extract the jrprint file during the generation of my report. I don’t know the reason of the exception.


Cordialy Jerome BENOIT.

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your feedback. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v2.0.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side.

If the problem still remains, please share the extracted jrprint file for investigation purpose.

Hello Tahir,



I already use the version 2.0.0 of aspose, and jrprint file is in this version.

Cordialy Jerome.

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for sharing the detail. While using the shared code with jasperPrint1.xml/jasperPrint2.xml, I am getting following exception. The exception is also thrown while using jasperreports 5.5.

Exception in thread “main” net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBasePrintText cannot be cast to net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRTemplatePrintText
at com.aspose.words.jasperreports.AWAbstractExporter.exportReport(Unknown Source)

For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJSP-142. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
jerome.benoit:

The problem : with the Aspose Docx Exporter, some data are not displayed in the first export page.
All the others pages are correct.
Note 1 : we use the batch mode to generate (JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT_LIST).
Note 2 : with the built-in JRDocxExporter, all data are displayed on all the pages.

I am afraid, I have found any .Jrprint file in documents shared in this forum thread. To generate the document like myResultWithAspose.docx, please share the .jrprint file.