Bug report: Zoom properties

This is a slightly tricky one as it’s hard to know the correct behaviour.

Within the XLSX XML format there are 4 properties controlling sheet zoom - I’ll be honest and say I can’t quite work out the exact meaning of each property but I believe the current Aspose implementation isn’t right.

The four properties are: ZoomScale, ZoomScaleNormal, ZoomScaleSheetLayoutView, ZoomScalePageLayoutView.

Aspose.Cells seems to merge these when they are loaded and therefore loses information.

To recreate the issue do the following: create a spreadsheet in Excel, ensuring that the view is set to normal and the zoom 100%. Go to page break view and set the zoom to 35%. Go back to the normal view and save. Loading and saving this file in Excel preserves those zoom settings.

Loading and saving in Aspose (as XLSX or XLS format) loses the settings with the result that the normal zoom is getting set to 35%.

Dim xlsx As New Aspose.Cells.Workbook
xlsx.Open(“test.xlsx”)
xlsx.Save(“test.aspose.xlsx”, Aspose.Cells.FileFormatType.Excel2007Xlsx)

I guess the solution is two implement all four properties (especially if you can work out which do which! and why the ZoomScale property seems to change irrespective of the ZoomScaleNormal and ZoomScaleSheetLayoutView).

cheers,

Gary

Forgot to say - v4.8.0.0 thru v4.8.0.13

Hi Gary,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test. We will look into it and get back to you soon. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id CELLSNET-11442.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try the attached version. We have fixed the zoom issue you mentioned.
Please let us know if you still find the problem.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11442) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.