Building Document Explorer (Java)

Dear Support Team,

I’m trying to build the Java version of the Document Explorer application using Eclipse. The problem is that the Intellij .form files are not being recognised by the IDE.

Do you know a way to allow the .form file to be used in Eclipse?

Alternatively, is there any chance you can provide me with the pre-built class/jar files so I can run Document Explorer?

Many thanks,
Mick

Hi
Thanks for your request. DocumentExplorer demo is IntelliJ IDEA’s project. Unfortunately, the demo uses some IntelliJ GUI Layout managers and therefore you probably will not launch it under Eclipse.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

What about providing the pre-built binaries? I’m sure plenty of your other customers don’t use Intellij, but want to try the demo.

Cheers,
Mick

Hi
Thanks for your request. We will consider distributing a pre-built JAR of DocumentExplorer with one of the next releases.
Best regards,

Dear Support Team,

I have just down loaded the February release of Aspose.Words.Java and could not find a pre-built jar of the document explorer demo. I am therefore assuming it was decided not to include it.

Is there any chance it could be posted on this forum (or sent to me via email)?

I’m desperately trying to evaluate your product for a customer, but not being able to run the demos is making my task rather difficult.

Any help much appreciated,
Mick

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We will most likely add a pre-compiled version for demos and samples which use GUI in a future version of Aspose.Words. I apologise that this was not added in the most recent release as there were other pressing issues to tend to.

In the mean time, I will get one of the support developers to compile DocumentExplorer into a JAR for you.

We will keep you informed of any developments regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Hi Mick,

I have attached here with this post a compiled JAR file for the latest DocumentExplorer demo project.

Best Regards,

Fantastic! Many thanks.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-457) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)