Bulk creation of PDF: Slow + High memory usage

Hello,

I've been doing research to create large amounts of PDF files (or large amounts of pages inside a PDF).
One of the products that was available in the company was Aspose.

Basicly the application that will be developped has to be able generate Invoices (up to 10 000 a month).
These invoices have to be printed and optionaly saved digitaly. The most obvious option was to create these invoices in PDF format.

After a couple of days of testing we came to the conclusion that Aspose has some troubles dealing with large amounts of PDF files or pages inside PDF files.
We've noticed that the creation of the PDF can take up quite some time and the Memory in use can go up to fairly large amounts (1.5 GB beeing the highest we noticed)

We tried to generate the PDF in various ways:
- Start from a Word template and save as PDF format
- Start from a template written in code and generate the PDF purely from code
Both ways had the same problem, beeing relatively slow and Memory usage beeing very high (Application sometimes even crashed going out of memory).

I've included an example of one of our test applications.
Maybe it's something we are still doing wrong or maybe it's a problem with Aspose that's been reported in the past or something else.

We'd appreciate if u could look into this matter and maybe give us a possible answer to our problems.

Thanks in advance,
Rutger H.

Hi Rutger,

Thank you for considering Aspose. Processing time and memory consumption depends upon the contents and size of the resultant
files along with your system resources. I’ve tested the scenario (win 7 64bit, 8GB RAM) and noticed it is taking ~5 min and memory consumption rises to ~900 Mb. I’ve logged a ticket in our issue tracking system as
PDFNEWNET-35209 for further investigation. I’ll update you issue progress via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Hello,

It’s been a whlile and was wondering if there is any news on the matter?

We are still trying to decide on which option to take for our project and were hoping the problem was maybe solved.

Kind regards,
Rutger H

Hi Rutger,

Thanks for your patience.

The development team has been busy resolving some priority issues related to Aspose.Pdf for .NET and I am afraid the aforementioned issues is not yet resolved. As soon as the development team gets free from current priority tasks, they will start resolving these issues.

Also please note that as a normal rule of practice, issues are resolved in first come and first serve basis; but the problems logged/reported under Enterprise or Priority support model, have high precedence in terms of resolution, as compare to issues under normal/free support model.

Nevertheless, I have inquired the ETA regarding the resolution of this problem. Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Hi Rutger,

Thanks for your patience.

We have made some improvements in our product and the performance of component is increased while generating the PDF document. Please try using the attached code snippet with latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.3.0.

In case you still face the same issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.