Bullet character

Hi, I have an issue with a bullet in a Word document. It’s a round circle, but after Aspose Words (with Webdings font installed) it’s just a blank square (unrecognized character).

I attach the original file test.docx (13.1 KB)

It seems like an encoding issue more than a font problem (that is what i thought at first).

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Sebastian

@storreswebdox I have checked you document on my side and not found any issues with it. I can successfully convert the document to both flow (DOC, DOCX, RTF etc) and fixed page formats (PDF, Image, XPS etc). The bullets are displayed properly.
Could you please attach your output document here for our reference and also provide more information about your scenario and environment?

Hi Alexey. Happy New Year!

This is the output i have:

AAAXA01EfUYjGWlQMVYeyonRRGp86Ct7bxD5OmN_DFxI_A==.png (2.1 KB)

I’m using aspose words 21.6.

Which fonts are you using?

@storreswebdox Thank you, Sebastian. Happy New Year!
For rendering bullets Symbol font is used. Please see the attached PDF produced on my side. As you can see Symbol and Calibri fonts are using in it.out.pdf (20.6 KB)

Thank you Alexey. Where i can find the Symbol font? Is public?

@storreswebdox The Symbol font is supplied with Windows or with Office application.
If you cannot use this font, you can change the bullet symbol and font in your document. For example see the following code:

foreach (Aspose.Words.Lists.List lst in doc.Lists)
{
    foreach (Aspose.Words.Lists.ListLevel level in lst.ListLevels)
    {
        if (level.Font.Name == "Symbol" && level.NumberFormat == "\xF0B7")
        {
            level.NumberFormat = "\x2022";
        }
    }
}