Bullet- Paragraph formatting

Hi,

I need the equivalent properties in Pptx class for the following

Setting a paragraph to have bullet type (Used paragraph.HasBullet=true in PPT). I could see that HasBullet in Aspose.Slides.PPTX is read only.

Setting text offset for paragraph

Setting fontUnderline property for a portion to true

Please guide me.

Thanks

Hi Htanmo,

Please use the following code snippet for your kind reference. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx();

//Accessing first slide
SlideEx slide = pres.Slides[0];
slide.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle, 0, 205, 500, 300);

//Accessing the first and second placeholder in the slide and typecasting it as AutoShape
TextFrameEx tf = ((AutoShapeEx)slide.Shapes[0]).TextFrame;

//Change the text in both placeholders
tf.Text = “Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose”;

//Getting the first paragraph of the placeholders
ParagraphEx para1 = tf.Paragraphs[0];
para1.BulletType = BulletTypeEx.Numbered;

ParagraphEx para2 = new ParagraphEx();
para2.BulletType = BulletTypeEx.Numbered;
para2.Alignment = TextAlignmentEx.Center;
para2.Text = “Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose Indent by Aspose”;

para1.ParagraphFormat.MarginLeft = 50;
para2.ParagraphFormat.MarginLeft = 50;

para1.ParagraphFormat.Indent = 20;
para2.ParagraphFormat.Indent = 20;

para1.ParagraphFormat.HangingPunctuation = NullableBool.True;
para2.ParagraphFormat.HangingPunctuation = NullableBool.True;

para1.Portions[0].PortionFormat.FontUnderline = TextUnderlineTypeEx.Heavy;
para2.Portions[0].PortionFormat.FontUnderline = TextUnderlineTypeEx.HeavyDotted;

tf.Paragraphs.Add(para2);

//Writing the presentation as a PPTX file
pres.Write(“d:\MarginIndentAlign.pptx”);

Many Thanks,

Thanks ...

I got the bullet type specification instead of setting has bullet as true.

I need more information on setting text offset in PPTX class as I use in PPT.

Also may I know the use of Indent and Hanging Punctuation property in PPTX class.

Hi Htanmo,

I like to share that setting bullets in PPTX paragraph is done through using BulletTypeEx property. Setting value to NotDefined or None will set the bullet display to false otherwise it will set the bullet to desired bullet type. Secondly, I have shared the information related to indent and hanging punctuation in my former post. Please share your requirements more specifically that what your actually like Aspose.Slides to offer you in PPTX. Please also share the requirement in the form of presentation as well.

Many Thanks,

I want to know why we use Indent property or functionality of Indent in PPTX class. If u have any link on the paragraph settings please share.

Hi Htanmo,

Please visit this thread link for your further kind reference for better elaboration of indents in PPTX. Please share, if I may help you further.

Many Thanks,

From the link I understood that BulletOffset in PPT is para.Offset in PPTX.

I guess the equivalent property of para.TextOffset in PPT is para.MarginLeft or necessary margin conditions in PPTX.

Please clarify on this.

Thanks

Hi Htanmo,

You are right in your observation. The text in PPTX is given offset using margins or indents as shared in my previous examples with you.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the clarification.