Bullet point disappear after html conversion

Hi,

the attached rtf document contains an enumeration with bullet points. After the conversion to html the bullet points disappear. I’m using Aspose.Words.dll 11.4.0.0 .

This is sad, because old version of Aspose.Words.dll (i tried 10.8.0.0) didn’t show this problem. It’s a real showstopper and prevents us from using the current version.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

Best regards, Martin

internal bugid#4595

Hi
Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.4.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6488. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

i just tested the new Aspose.Words.dll 11.5.0.0 and the problem ist still unresolved.

Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the additional information. Yes, you’re right; the issue is not yet resolved. We will be sure to inform you as soon as your problem is fixed.

Best Regards,

Hi,

i just tested the new Aspose.Words.dll 11.6.0.0 and the problem ist still unresolved.

Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. We will let you know once it is fixed. Please accept my apologizes for inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

i just tested the new Aspose.Words.dll 11.8.0.0 and the problem ist still unresolved.

Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, WORDSNET-6488 is not resolved yet. I regret to share with you that this issues has been postponed till a later date. I am afraid, we cannot push this into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologise for your inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello

the error ist not fixed in Aspose.Words.dll 10.9.0.0. See the attached document VO-2012-196.doc.

Our customers get upset. Please do something about this.

Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. Could you please try opening the attached Html file with some different Web browser for example Google Chrome or IE version 9 and let us know how it goes? I generated this Html using Aspose.Words v11.9.0 on my side. Moreover, I have raised the priority of your issue to High. We will inform you as soon as it’s resolved. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

this works fine with Aspose.Words.dll 11.9.0.0 .

Thanks, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback. It is perfect that Aspose.Words v11.9.0 resolves your problem. However, your issue WORDSNET-6488 is not yet resolved; we will keep you informed of any further developments on this issue.

Best regards,

Hello,

i 've been too early pleased.

Doc to html conversion is working only if standard encoding UTF-8 is used.

If you change the encoding for example to ‘windows-1252’ or ‘ISO-8859-1’ the bullet points disappear again.

The doc to html conversion is part of an larger intranet solution and a change to UTF-8 encoding is not possible.

Is there any chance to get bullet points with other encodings?

Thanks in advance, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the additional information. Please find attached a screenshot showing how those bullets are appearing with different encodings in Chrome on my side.

Best regards,

Hello,

i’m sorry i made a classic mistake.

I ran my test with the old Aspose.Words.dll 11.9.0.0.

With the new Aspose.Words.dll 11.10.0.0 everything looks fine.

Now the symbols appear correct with encoding ‘windows-1252’ and ‘ISO-8859-1’.

Thanks a lot, Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback on this. Please let us know any time you have any further queries. We’re always glad to help you.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6488) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.