Bullet points doesnt show in ppt but in pptx

Hi all,

i tried to insert some paragraphs into an existing TextFrameEx that have a bullet points using the following Java-Method:

public static void setBulletPointListInTextFrameEx(List bulletPointStrings, TextFrameEx textFrameToModify) {
if (bulletPointStrings != null && textFrameToModify != null) {
textFrameToModify.getParagraphs().clear();
for (String bulletPointText : bulletPointStrings) {
ParagraphEx neuerBulletBoint = new ParagraphEx();
neuerBulletBoint.setBulletType(BulletTypeEx.Symbol);
neuerBulletBoint.setText(bulletPointText);
textFrameToModify.getParagraphs().add(neuerBulletBoint);
}
}
}

this works like charm. Now i try the same inside a TextFrame inside the same Presentation saved as ppt (instead of pptx like above):

public static void setBulletPointListInTextFrame1(List bulletPointStrings, TextFrame textFrameToModify) {
if (bulletPointStrings != null && textFrameToModify != null) {
textFrameToModify.getParagraphs().clear();
for (String bulletPointText : bulletPointStrings) {
Paragraph neuerBulletBoint = new Paragraph();
neuerBulletBoint.setBulletType(BulletType.Symbol);
neuerBulletBoint.setText(bulletPointText);
textFrameToModify.getParagraphs().add(neuerBulletBoint);
}
}
}

unfortunately this generates paragraphs without any bullet points. This happens since version 3.0.0 and worked before in Version 2.9.0.

can you please examine the Problem or suggest a workaraound.

Thanks in advance

Hi Chris,

I have observed the sample code shared and have not been able to observe the issue. Please visit this documentation link for your convenience as well. Please share the sample presentation along with generated and desired output presentation for further investigation. Please also share the working java file that I may use on my end to help you further. Before this, I also like to share that you may use Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 on your end.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Mudassir:

Please share the sample presentation along with generated and desired output presentation for further investigation

Unfortunately you forgot the link. But if you wanted to point to link to: Manage Bullet|Aspose.Slides Documentation , then i will tell you something you probably already know. This documentation shows code that doesnt exist anymore inside Aspose slides for Java 3.0.0 (for example paragraph.setHasBullet(true) ). Please update this.

Mudassir:

Please also share the working java file that I may use
on my end to help you further. Before this, I also like to share that
you may use Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 on your end.

So the short java example class has been attached. I left out all other stuff, so you can run it directly. The needed example Powerpoint file has also been also attached

Mudassir:

I also like to share that
you may use Aspose.Slides for Java 7.3.0 on your end.

I would apreciate to do so, but the somewhat greedy license model of your company doesnt let me/us.

Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Chris,

I have worked with the presentation file shared along with sample code. I have modified the sample code as per your convenience to serve the purpose. Please find sample code attached along with generated presentation. Please share if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thanx for your code.

so the only thing missing was the following line of code?

aktuellerParagraph.hasBullet(true);

since this easy thing took me hours i would recommend you update the documentation part for this.
Inside the old documentation the method setHasBullets(true) is shown. Since a Aspose user has no chance of looking inside the source and as a java developer would expect a setter-method begins with “set” (where “hasBullet” is a name for a boolean-getter method) not only me is getting lost on such things.

So please do all your buyers of your Aspose Slides for Java licenses a favor and update the programmers guide.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for bringing the issue to attention. I have made necessary changes in the documentation as per your suggestion. Please hare, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,