Bullet/Text offset lost on save

I use the following code to set the bullet and text offset in a paragraph:

short offset = 200;
paragraph.BulletOffset = offset;
paragraph.TextOffset = offset;

This works fine with the initial file. However, after viewing the file and saving in Powerpoint, the offset is lost.

I have confirmed the problem in Powerpoint 2002 and 2003. Powerpoint 2007 seems to be fine.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have created a presentation file using the above mentioned parameters set for bullets using Aspose.Sldies for .NET 4.1.1. I am successfully able to open the presentation file in both Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 and PowerPoint 2003. The bullet offset was preserved using both said version of PowerPoint. For your kind reference, I have shared the PowerPoint 2003 slide image as well. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.1 available here or the intermediate version of Aspose.Slids for .NET 4.1.1.2 available here.

Thanks and Regards.

Mudassir,

I have attached an example project. Please follow these exact steps to reproduce:

1. Run the project, which creates "out.ppt"
2. Open the above file
3. Drag the text box to the middle of the slide
4. Save changes
5. Close PowerPoint
6. Open the file again. In PowerPoint 2002/2003, the offset is lost.

Thanks.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I regret to tell you that I have not been able to reproduce the issue specified by you still, even though I have followed the same steps as mentioned by you. For your kind reference, I have attached the slide image of PowerPoint 2002 and generated output presentation file. Can you please verify the things on your end, once more please.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Mudassir,

Thanks for your efforts. I have verified that I can still reproduce the bug following the steps in my previous post.

However, when I open and save your attached file, the offset is not lost.

Here are some more details of my environment:

PowerPoint 2002 (10.6858.6858) SP3
Windows Vista SP2

Please let me know if I can provide any other details.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your compliments.

Can you please share which version of Aspose.Slides for .NET you are using. I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.1.2. Can you please download this version which is available here and then share your findings with me. As you have mentioned that the PPT that I have shared with you has retained the offset, then it may possibly be the issue with the Aspose.Slides for .NET version that you are using.

We are sorry for your in convenience,

Mudassir,

I just ran the test again with version 4.1.1.2, unfortunately the offset is still lost when I reopen the file.

I’ve attached 2 files, “out.ppt” is the initial file after running the test. “out (updated).ppt” is after dragging the text box to the middle and saving the file. Hope this helps.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I have observed the presentations shared by you. The issue needs to be further investigated by the development team. An issue with ID 17254 has been created in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. The thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

Hello,

I've exactly the same problem: After a manual modification (i.e. add/change some text), save and reopen the offsets are lost (with PowerPoint 2003).
I'm using the latest Version (Aspose.Slides for .NET - 6.0.0.0).

Presentation pres = new Presentation();
Slide slide = pres.Slides[0];

Aspose.Slides.Rectangle rec = slide.Shapes.AddRectangle(100,100, 2000, 2000);
rec.AddTextFrame("");

List list = new List();
list.Add("aaa");list.Add("bbb"); list.Add("ccc");

foreach (String line in list)
{
Paragraph para = new Paragraph();
para.HasBullet = true;
para.BulletOffset = 350;
para.TextOffset = 200;
para.Text = line;
rec.TextFrame.Paragraphs.Add(para);
}
pres.Write("TestParagraph.ppt");

Are there any news (i.e. workarounds) for this issue 17254 ?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Update: the same happens if I use your demo code (C#) from

Everthing looks fine unless I

1. modify the text
  2. save it.
  3. close PowerPoint
  4. open it again

→ now the intend is lost.

Additional info:

After the presentation is created by Aspose and I open it and place the cursor on the intented paragraph I see the ruler is set to position 0.

see screenshot:

http://postimage.org/image/wf4a5n61p/

Daniel

Update 2: It already happens if I open the presentation and perform a SaveAs (thus no modification to the content is needed)

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I have worked with the scenario shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issue while using PowerPoint 2003. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33271 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. I will share the further information with you as soon as they will be available.