Bullets and apostrophes

I have an application that people occationally copy text from a word document into a text box. I am then converting that into a pdf.

Although the application works great in most cases, when there is a bullet or an apostrophe, question marks (?) appears in place of the character. I have managed to map around the apostrophe character, but could not figure out what character to map around the bullet.

Can you tell me how to do it? The output document is in Times New Roman. I saw you had a remapping subroutine, but it didn't have a bullet and I'm in VB and couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

I would be OK with a solution like Text.Replace(chr(149), {some magic character or string goes here} )

Thanks.

- Milt

Dear Milt,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I will test this problem and reply to you soon. It will be better if you can provide the Word document that can reproduce the error.

I copy from a word document, paste into a browser textbox and then copy that into the PDF xml file. So sending a word document would not help.

But it is character 149 decimal that turns into a question mark.

And the apostrophe was character 146 decimal.

Do you have a table of translations to perform?

I don’t know if I have understood you exactly. If you want to get the table of translations, just create a Word document and create custom defined bullets in it. You can select font and characters and you can see the code in decimal.