Bullets converted to Wingdings font when saved as HTML

We’re (still) evaluating Aspose.Words for Java for use in our product and have discovered what looks like a problem converting bulleted items to HTML. The HTML produced uses the ‘Wingdings’ font (see below):
<span style="font-family:Wingdings; font-size:11pt">s</span>
The problem with this is that not all browsers (ex. Firefox) support this font and so the ‘s’ will be displayed instead of a bullet.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to reproduce the problem in Firefox, moreover when save your document as HTML using MS Word, the HTML has the same problem in Firefox.
The problem occurs because bullet is Wingdings character. It seems to be a bug in Firefox. Please follow the link to learn more:
http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=fi&forumId=1&comments_parentId=64810
We will consider adding an option, which will allow controlling how list are output into HTML. You will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.
Best regards,

I was wondering if there was ever a fix for this. We are having the same issue. iPhone does not support the wingding font, as well as a few other browsers.

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, this new functionality has not yet been implemented. I’ve added this issue in my monthly report, so that will raise priority of the problem. Once the new functionality will be available, we will notify you immediately.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your inquiry.

There is no fix for this currently, but you are still able to process any lists before you export your document to HTML and modify the font/symbol used. Please see the code below for an example. You may need map the hex value of the Wingdings symbol to the equivalent Unicode symbol (or which ever font you choose) for each type of bullet point in your document for this to fully work though.

foreach (Paragraph para in doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Paragraph, true))
{
    if (para.IsListItem)
    {
        ListLevel level = para.ListFormat.ListLevel;

if (level.NumberFormat.Length > 0)
        {
            string formatAsHex = string.Format("{0:X}", Convert.ToInt32(level.NumberFormat[0]));

if (formatAsHex == "F073")
            {
                para.ListFormat.ListLevel.Font.Name = "Unicode";
                para.ListFormat.ListLevel.NumberFormat = "\x25CF";
            }
        }
    }
}

Thanks,

Rocking! Works perfect. Thank you!!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1170) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)