C++ Support and Excel 2000 Support

Does your Aspose Excel support C++ and can I access Excel 2000, XP and 2003 Excel Workbooks and spreadsheets? Do you haven any sample code for the above so, I can evaluate what’s involved in using your product?

Joel

Hi Joel,

Yes. Aspose.Excel is a dotnet compoent. You can use managed C++ code with it. A simple demo can be downloaded at .

And Aspose.Excel supports to read/write excel files from Excel97 to Excel2003.

Laurence, quick question: Is it possible to provide a C++ version of the northwind demo?

Laurence,

I’ve downloaded the Winformcppdemo.zip file several times and in each download the file is corrupted. After extracting the files, some of the file have garbage in it, that is, unreadable characters.

Can you repost the file and let me know when it is ready for download.

Thanks,

Joel

Laurence,

I forgot to mention the files that are giving me the most problems are stdafx.cpp and stdafx.h.

Joel

Hi Joel,

Those files are created in a chinese vs.net so some auto-created comments are chinese string. That caused the problem.

Please try the attached file. I removed those text.

There is still something missing. When I do a Build Solution, I get:

"fatal error C1192: #using failed on C:\Aspose\WinformCPPDemo\Aspose.Excel.dll"

This error references the blank line above #include "stdafx.h" in stdafx.cpp

Thanks for your help,

Joel

Hi Joel,

You should add reference to Aspose.Excel.dll in this project.

Ok, now I get "error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying assemblies to target directory..."

Does Aspose have a C++ Winform managed code example that is totally in English and Builds using the .sln without any problems? My development group is ready to move on to another solution to our problem.

Thanks,

Joel

Dear Joel,

Sorry for any inconvenience.

I re-checked the project and removed all chinese characters. Please try the attached project.

Actually several other user have used this project without any problem in their English platform. If you still have problems to run this project, please create a new WinForm application and add attached sample code to your new project.

This one worked. It build clean and executed without any problems or modifications. I pass this on to my development team for evaluation.

Thanks,

Joel