CadStringParameter vales missing

Hello,

I'm using the native Autodesk trueview 2017 viewer and I can see 3 property values as per attached image. The same values seem to be missing when using the aspose-cad-17.02-jdk16.jar which is the latest available now.

I think that the last saved by should be in the header property retrievable by image.getHeader().getHeaderProperties().get(CadHeaderAttribute.LASTSAVEDBY). The retrieved value should be John but it's null.

I'm also looking for the Revision Number and TotalEditingTime prperties but the names of the constants are a little bit cryptic so I need help figuring which one to use.

Thank you

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.CAD.

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please provide the used sample code and source file reproducing the issue. We will be able to investigate the issue further on provision of requested information.

Many Thanks,

code: try (InputStream inputStream = new ByteRegionInputStream(getByteRegion()))

{
AsposeCad.ensureInitialised();

return Optional.of((CadImage) Image.load(inputStream));
}
cadImage.get().ifPresent(
image ->
{
for (Integer key : image.getHeader().getHeaderProperties().keySet())
{
image.getHeader().getHeaderProperties()
.get(key)
.stream()
.filter(o -> o instanceof CadStringParameter)
.forEach(
o ->
{
String value = ((CadStringParameter) o).getValue();
the values shown on the png image are missing

Samples attached.

Cheers

Hi Nicholas,

I have observed your requirements and like to share that I have created an issue with ID CADJAVA-117 in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue related to missing properties in saved output. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Any news on this issue? I cannot seem to find it.

Thank you
Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. I have also requested our product team to share further feedback regarding the issue. I request for your patience till the time further feedback is shared by our product team and issue gets resolved.

Hi Nicholas,

I have observed the issue status from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. I have requested our product team to share updates in this regard and will be sharing that with you as soon as they will be shared by our product team.

This is still an issue . Moreover when switching to the latest release version 17.9 the same code cannot load the image :
try (InputStream inputStream = new ByteRegionInputStream(getByteRegion()))
{
AsposeCad.ensureInitialised();

// Aspose only supports a sub-set of DWG files, but the data needs to be loaded to check if it is supported
            return Optional.of((CadImage) Image.load(inputStream));
        }

results in:

class com.aspose.cad.cadexceptions.ImageLoadException: Cannot open an image. The image file format may be not supported at the moment.
com.aspose.cad.Image.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cad.Image.c(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cad.Image.load(Unknown Source)
com.nuix.data.file.image.cad.AutoCadData$1.compute(AutoCadData.java:110)
com.nuix.data.file.image.cad.AutoCadData$1.compute(AutoCadData.java:99)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
com.nuix.common.concurrent.ExceptionLazyValue.get(ExceptionLazyValue.java:55)
com.nuix.data.file.image.cad.AutoCadData.populateFlags(AutoCadData.java:183)
com.nuix.data.AbstractData$1.compute(AbstractData.java:81)
com.nuix.data.AbstractData$1.compute(AbstractData.java:74)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
com.nuix.common.concurrent.ExceptionLazyValue.get(ExceptionLazyValue.java:55)
com.nuix.data.AbstractData.getFlags(AbstractData.java:309)
com.nuix.data.DataStructureAsserts$1.process(DataStructureAsserts.java:112)
com.nuix.data.DataStructureAsserts.assertDataStructure(DataStructureAsserts.java:236)
com.nuix.data.DataStructureAsserts.assertDataStructure(DataStructureAsserts.java:71)
com.nuix.data.file.image.cad.TestAutoCad.testBasic1(TestAutoCad.java:30)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50)
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12)
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17)
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:26)
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:27)
com.nuix.common.test.rules.BaseTestRule$1.evaluate(BaseTestRule.java:45)
com.nuix.common.test.rules.Timeout$CustomFailOnTimeout$StatementRunner.run(Timeout.java:137)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Again, to be clear:This code works with the old version of the jar but in the old version produces just one non-null metadata called something like cadVersion instead of the many metadata we expect from a Cad image.

Thank you

@nuix,

I have observed your comments. I like to share that this issue is going to be resolved tentatively in Aspose.CAD 17.12. This version of Aspose.CAD will be released by the end of this month. We will share good news with you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADJAVA-155) have been fixed in Aspose.CAD for Java 17.12. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADJAVA-117) have been fixed in Aspose.CAD for Java 17.12. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.