Calculate Embedded Workbook

Hi ASPOSE Support,

I have a chart as an embedded Excel in PPT.

I used a formula like =DATEVALUE(“1/1/2017”) as categories in the embedded workbook, so the categories can be real date type.
After the PPT is created, when I open the PPT, in categories axis it will show the whole formula like =DATEVALUE(“1/1/2017”) , but after I click “Edit Data” on the chart, it will change to 1/1/2017, which is what I want to get.

I suspect this is because the embedded workbook is not calculated until I click “Edit Data” to open it, so just wonder is there a solution for this?

Thank you

Hi,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source presentation, source code, environment details also please share which Aspose.Slides version you are using on your end so that we can investigate further in details.

Best Regards,

Thank you.

Cells 16.11.0.0
Slides 16.11.0.0

Hi,

I have observed your comments and request you to please provide the working sample project including all source files along with generated output file with us. Please also share the expected output file that you ought to generate using Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,

Source Code and template file attached.

Output file was attached in my previous reply.
Expected output is show date correctly in Categories Axis.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have observed the generated chart and have also worked with the sample code along with source presentation. The chart generated by code is different than that of what is shared by you. However, you can set the number format for chart data cell using using following sample code.

fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, i + 1, 0, categoriesName[i] );
fact.GetCell(defaultWorksheetIndex, i + 1, 0).PresetNumberFormat = 14;

Please also visit this documentation link for your kind reference in this regard. I hope this will be helpful.

Many Thanks,