we are using Aspose.Cells For Java 19.10 and have a problem with method calculateFormula.
In given example we are using two variants of formulas.
First one is a simple concatenation of two cells using formula CONCAT in cell D2 (in Germany it is called TEXTKETTE).
The other one is nearly doing the same but code is stored in function “gen_name_u1”. This function is called in C2.
After calling calculateFormula() and saving of excel file per Aspose the cell C2 (contains formula with function call “gen_name_u1”) seems to be invalid.
#NAME? is shown instead of “a c”.
Result in cell D2 (direct use of formula function CONCAT) is fine.
Hints for opening generated excel file:
- The problem does not occure if you are asked for macro execution. After allowing macro execution, all formula fields will be recalculated in Excel again and result is ok. Please allow macro execution per default.
- If you insert manually a new column before column A and delete it immediateley all formulas will be recalculated properly in Excel.
- FormulaTest.xlsm (Test excel file)
- FormulaTest gen.xlsm (Generated excel file after use of calculateFormula())
- FormulaTest gen.png (Screenshot of generated excel file)
Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
Aspose.zip (60.9 KB)