CalculateFormula gives an error

I use Aspose.Cells 4.4.0.5, MS Excel 2003 SP2, MS Windows XP German, Visual Basic dotnet 2.0.

I have a complex Workbook, which gives an error if CalculateFormula is executed. I was able to reduce it to a couple of cells. Nevertheless I cannot find out, what creates the error. I appreciated, if you looked at the attached Excel file.

On executing CalculateFormula an “Error in calculating cell A1 in Worksheet Sheet2” is thrown.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Michael G. Schneider

Hi,

Thanks for the template file,

Yes, we found the problem you have mentioned related CalculateFormula() method, we will fix it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Is there anything that I can do, so the error won’t happen? Or will a fix be available within some days?

Michael G. Schneider

Hi Michael,

Yes, the fix will be available soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Please try this attached version.

I tried the attached version. It succeeded with the demo file that I sent to you. However, with the original workbook, which is more complex, it fails with the same eror.

I will try to reduce the workbook’s complexity and send it to you. Maybe this will be too difficult. Do you then want to have the complete workbook? If yes, I do not want to publish it an public message. Can I send the file to you privately?

Michael G. Schneider

Please send your file to nanjing@aspose.com.

I have just sent the demo file to you.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Michael G. Schneider

Please try this attached fix.

Thanks a lot for the very fast response.

I tried the DLL. It works fine with the test file that I sent to you.

Then I made a test with other Excel files. And another file again shows the same behavior “error in calculating cell”. I will remove some confidential information, alter some cells values, and then send the file to you. This will take some time. Hopefully tomorrow.

Is there anything that I can do immediately? Is it possible to extract some kind of detailed error information. Maybe some logging? Something that I can do immediately?

Michael G. Schneider

A sample file will be enough. I think this problem may be caused by type mismatch. For example, we calculate a function expecting it’s an integer or double value, but it may be a string or DateTime value. We tried to convert those values but maybe in some cases we missed something.

I am experiencing the same problem here.
I use Aspose.Cells 4.4.0.0, MS Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1), MS Windows XP Dutch, Visual C# dotnet 1.1.

When I call CalculateFormula() the error is in cell F4 on the first worksheet.

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

We will figure out your issue soon.

Thank you.

I just sent an email to the above address. It contains another Excel file showing the error. It cannot be calculated with the most recent DLL.

Michael G. Schneider

Please try this attached fix.

Thanks for the new version. The exception is gone now.

However, I don’t get the expected result after calling CalculateFormula. The cell that should contain the result (cell E24 on the first sheet in my Excel sheet) has a ‘undefined value’. It should contain a float value.

If you need more detail, please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I tried the new version of Aspose.Cells with the Excel file that I sent to you by email. It does not work. I still get an “Error in calculating cell C69 in Worksheet S6”.

Michael G. Schneider

Hi m00lie,

Could you post your template excel file that produces the issue with sample code here.

Hi Michael,

Please make sure that you are using the latest hot fix which Laurence posted. We will further check and figure out your issue soon.

Thanks both of you.

I use Aspose.Cells v4.4.0.15. If I did not something wrong, that should be the version that Laurence sent some hours ago.

I sent to you an Excel file called mgs-problem.xls two days ago (Oct 30th). Did you test the DLL with that file? Does it work at your place? Please watch out, there has already been an identically named file that I sent to you 5 days ago (Oct 27th).

Michael G. Schneider

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the info,

Yes, you are using the right version. We will check and get back to you soon.

Thank you.