Calculating some combo charts can throw an exception

Hi,

When calling chart.Calculate() on some specific combo charts, Aspose will sometimes error. When trying to reproduce a client doc (that unfortunately can’t be shared at the moment) I ran into the exception System.InvalidCastException : Specified cast is not valid. In a similar vein on that actual client doc we were seeing System.FormatException : Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDouble(IFormatProvider provider) when trying to calculate the combo chart on their document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’ve attached a test file that reproduces the Specified cast is not valid exception.

Repro code:

var format = FileFormatUtil.DetectFileFormat("ComboChart_Broken.xlsx");

var asposeLoadOptions = new LoadOptions(format.LoadFormat)
{
	LoadFilter = new LoadFilter(LoadDataFilterOptions.All)
};

using (var workbook = new Workbook("ComboChart_Broken.xlsx", asposeLoadOptions))
{
	workbook.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].Calculate();
}

Thanks!
ComboChart_Broken.zip (15.7 KB)

@bvk,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-47018 - Calculating some combo charts can throw an exception

@bvk,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@bvk,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.11.7:
Aspose.Cells19.11.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.11.7 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.11.7 For .NetStandard20.Zip (4.1 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui I have confirmed that fixes the first issue we ran across, thanks! Unfortunately the client doc we can’t share is still breaking with the ParseDouble exception and I haven’t been able to repro it outside of that doc.

@bvk,
Thank you for the feedback and we are glad to know that your first issue is resolved. If you are still facing issue with some other document, please share it for our analysis as it is must required to reproduce the issue here for providing assistance.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47018) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.12. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi