Calculating Task Start and End after Adding Predessessors (TaskLink)

I’m having trouble figuring out how to calculate the start date and end date of a task that has been added with some predessessors. Is this functionality already built it or do I have to manually calculate these fields? Also, if I changed some predesessors, the entire task start and end dates should shift, which means would I need to manually calculate them all?

Please advice.

var task = new Task(TaskName, Duration);
project.RootTask.Children.Add(task);

// insert dependencies
if (Dependencies != null)
{
foreach (int dependency in Dependencies)
{
var depTask = project.GetTaskById(dependency);
if (depTask == null) continue; // TODO: throw error?

var taskLink = new TaskLink(depTask, task, TaskLinkType.FinishToStart);
project.AddTaskLink(taskLink);
}
}

Hi,

Thank you a lot for your question!
Unfortunatally Aspose.Tasks does not recalculate project automatically and you have to update the values by hand (or export them to MS Project and it makes the update).
The project recalculation feature is under development now. I have linked the issue “Implement project data recalculate methods.” with ID = 15459 to this forum thread so you will be informed as soon as the issue is resolved.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-15459) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.