Calendar Month Report with Aspose

I am just looking to see if there are any exaples, or ideas of how to create a month report, which shows items for each day?

Basically I have an application which has a bunch of items with a scheduled date. The order, and the time do not matter, just the names of the items displayed for each day, and looking like a full calendar. So even days with nothing would be displayed.

something like that:

1| 2| 3| 4| 5|…
Jan x y z …
Feb
mar.

How could I do that using aspose?/ which product? I need to display them in excel sheet…
I need your help please ASAP.

Thanks,
Manar
Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, if you need to create your report in MS Excel file format in row/column matrix, Aspose.Cells will suit your needs very well. It has almost all the features that MS Excel (97-2010) supports. You may input data in cells (A Cell is a place where one row and one column meets) in a worksheet, you may have as many worksheets as you can in a workbook. You may easily input headers for your months in a column (e.g A). Also, you may drop headers for days i.e. 1,2,3,4... in the top/first row. You can set number formatting for your needs, you may apply styles (e.g back color/cell shading, fore color, font attributes etc.) easily if you want.

Please see the article that demonstrate similar report in Excel format using Aspose.Cells for .NET API:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Format+Worksheet+Cells+in+a+Workbook

Also, see the Wiki Documentation regarding Programmer's Guide for your complete reference on how to utilize different features of MS Excel using Aspose.Cells APIs:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Programmers+Guide

Let us know if you have any confusion or need further help, we will be glad to help you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I saw the article you mentioned, but that will not be suitable in my scenario, I need to dynamically populate the data inside the sheet from dataSet or so.

For example Emp1 had worked in day 2/3/2012 for 3 hours, so I have to go to cell [2][3] to put the 3h in the 2012 area

I did it as mentioned in the link, but it is static

Thanks,
Manar

Hi,

Well, the article which was referred is just an example for reference, you have to use your own code using Aspose.Cells API to implement your needs accordingly. If you need to extract data from some dataset, datatable, arrays, list etc. you may try the data importing options/functions provided by Aspose.Cells for .NET, see the topic for your reference:

Moreover, you may also try our Smart Markers feature if it suits your needs. Smart markers are pointers or means placed in the template file which are filled from your data source you specify at runtime, so you may save the file accordingly.
See the document for your reference:

Thank you, I appreciate your quick reply.

I’m using the “Smart Marker” to fill the upper part of my sheet
for example: “&=[Employee].EmployeeId”, “&=[Employee].JobTitle” and so on…

but the lower part which contains the hours for the employee per day in each month in each year…how could it map to the “Smart Marker” since it is not a single value?

Thank you,
Manar

Hi Manar,

Well, in that case, there is no automatic way/option to do these types of custom requirements. I think you have to do the insertion for certain fields data manually using Cell.PutValue(val) method, you may get the data from your respective back end/source field and paste it accordingly at run time.

I think first create a formatted box range of cells i.e.
1 2 3 4 5…
MMM/yyyy

then you may copy/paste it multiple times one after other in a sheet for all the months in a year, here you may use Range.Copy() method, see the article for reference:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Copy+Range+Data+with+Style

Now you may fill each box from your data source for their respective fields/cells. Here you may use find and replace options that Aspose.Cells provides before filling data at proper place, see the document:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Find+or+Search+Data

Hope, this helps a bit.

Thank you.

Thanks for your effort.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We are pleased to know that given information will help you to sort out your issue. In case you require any further assistance, please feel free to post on our forums. We will like to help you further.

Besides, we have lately done some major enhancements and added new features in our product, so you should also download and give a try to latest offline demos of Aspose.Cells which you can find from theses links.

These demos can work with Visual Studio 2005, 2008,2010,2012,2013,2015,2017,2019. Please read the readme.txt file before running the demos.