Call Back Function while Merging Data

Hi Support,

I have a requirement where I would like to tag few information with cells like

1. Table Name - table name in the database from which data of that particular cell contains
  2. Column Name - column name in that table from which data of that particular cell contains
  3. PK ID - primary key id of that record

For Eg: If we are printing a invoice for Account number 5 and if cell C5 contains a marker “&=Account.AccountName”, then while merging data the I would like to tag the below information to the cell.

1. Table Name - Account
  2. Column Name - AccountName
  3. PK ID - 5

I would like to do this on the fly when the merging happens. I know there is a call back function in aspose.words where we can do. Is there any call back function in aspose.cells where i can create a tag to a cell, while merging data.

Cheers,
ValuePRO

Hi,

Thanks for providing some details.

Do you want to know which Smart marker is processing now? I am afraid the feature is not available but we can log a ticket for it. If you require something else, kindly elaborate and explain it more especially what do you mean by tag data to the cells?

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for the response. Yes you are right, I want to know which Smart Marker is processing now(which cell is being merged with data). If you can log a ticket and get this available in future versions than that would be great.

Also I have another requirement, I want to get a list of all the data sources which are set to a excel file by using “SetDataSource”.

Cheers,
ValuePRO

Hi,

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43922” into our database for your requested feature. Our concerned developer from product team will look into it to support the feature in future versions. Once the feature is available, we will let you know here.

Regarding supported data sources for Smart markers, well, you may use DataTable, DataSet, variable/variable arrays etc. in particular. For complete list of supported data sources that you may see the description/docs for the overloaded SetDataSource method of WorkbookDesigner for your reference.

And, see the document for a few working examples on Smart Markers here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Smart+Markers

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We will provide 1) Table name and 2) Column name.

But we will not provide PK ID (primary key id of that record), please process it by yourself with the Table name.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43922 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.