Call to one of your methods is getting hung up forever

We have an older version of aspose, but when we call doc.UpdateFields() with a specific word document, the call never returns, and puts our app at 100% cpu until we shut it down. I managed to find the exception its

@dmerkle1 Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.
Also, please try using the latest 23.9 version of Aspose.Words on your side and check whether the problem still persists.

Unfortunately I cannot because it is a customer document. But I can tell you it has a .emf file and a .wmf file.

@dmerkle1 Unfortunately, without a real document it is impossible to analyze and fix the problem. Have you tried using the latest 23.9 version of Aspose.Words?

I have not had a chance to try that yet. Do you have any recommendations for how to cancel out of a doc.UpdateFields() call early? Has this scenario ever come up before for other methods? Thanks.

@dmerkle1 Updating field is quite complex recursive process. Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel updating fields. It would be perfect if you provide a sample document that will allow us to reproduce the problem on our side, we will investigate the issue and provide you more information. Unfortunately, without a document it is impossible to determine the reason of the problem.